Afghanistan blames Pakistan for Kabul varsity attack
RAWALPINDI: The Afghan presidential office said on Thursday that the attack on the American University of Afghanistan in Kabul which claimed 16 lives was “orchestrated” from Pakistan, according to a foreign news agency.
Meanwhile, Afghan President Ashraf Ghani telephoned Chief of the Army Staff General Raheel Sharif, says an Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) press release.During the conversation, the army chief strongly condemned the terrorists’ attack on the American University of Afghanistan in Kabul and expressed his sympathies with the bereaved families.
The COAS said that Pakistani soil would not be allowed to be used for any type of terrorism in Afghanistan. The Afghan authorities shared three mobile telephone numbers allegedly used during the university attack as these numbers were, according to them, in contact with the attackers.
It may be mentioned here that based on these three Afghan cell numbers provided by the Afghan authorities, the Pakistan Army carried out a combing operation in the suspected area closer to the Pak-Afghan border to verify the presence of miscreants.
“Our evaluation of the evidence provided and outcome of combing operation so far hasoperated by Afghan company whose spill over signal affects some areas along Pak-Afghan border. Outcome of the operation so far has been shared with afghan authorities. Further technical evaluation of the cell numbers (all Afghan) is being carried out,” ISPR press release said.
COAS assured Afghan President of all out cooperation on availability of further information from Afghanistan. Meanwhile, Ambassador Richard Olson, Special Representative in Afghanistan and Pakistan (SRAP) and General John Nicholson, Commander Resolute Support Mission in Afghanistan along with their delegation called on Chief of Army Staff General Raheel Sharif.
During the meeting, regional security issues and matters of mutual interests including border management mechanism along Pak-Afghan border were discussed. The visiting dignitaries appreciated the resolve and continuing efforts towards fighting terrorism and regional stability.
-
Eric Dane's Girlfriend Janell Shirtcliff Pays Him Emotional Tribute After ALS Death -
King Charles Faces ‘stuff Of The Nightmares’ Over Jarring Issue -
Sarah Ferguson Has ‘no Remorse’ Over Jeffrey Epstein Friendship -
A$AP Rocky Throws Rihanna Surprise Birthday Dinner On Turning 38 -
Andrew Jokes In Hold As BAFTA Welcomes Prince William -
Sam Levinson Donates $27K To Eric Dane Family Fund After Actor’s Death -
Savannah Guthrie Mother Case: Police Block Activist Mom Group Efforts To Search For Missing Nancy Over Permission Row -
Dove Cameron Calls '56 Days' Casting 'Hollywood Fever Dream' -
Prince William, Kate Middleton ‘carrying Weight’ Of Reputation In Epstein Scandal -
Timothée Chalamet Compares 'Dune: Part Three' With Iconic Films 'Interstellar', 'The Dark Knight' & 'Apocalypse Now' -
Little Mix Star Leigh-Anne Pinnock Talks About Protecting Her Children From Social Media -
Ghislaine Maxwell Is ‘fall Guy’ For Jeffrey Epstein, Claims Brother -
Timothee Chalamet Rejects Fame Linked To Kardashian Reality TV World While Dating Kylie Jenner -
Sarah Chalke Recalls Backlash To 'Roseanne' Casting -
Pamela Anderson, David Hasselhoff's Return To Reimagined Version Of 'Baywatch' Confirmed By Star -
Willie Colón, Salsa Legend, Dies At 75