Nepra issues licenses to Hazesco for power distribution
MANSEHRA: The National Electric Power Regulatory Authority (Nepra) has issued licenses to the Hazara Electricity Supply Company (Hazesco) to purchase, transmit, and distribute electricity to consumers within its jurisdiction.
“We welcome the license issuance by Nepra, even though it came after a delay of nearly two and a half years. However, key issues like electricity quota allocation, the establishment of operational divisions and sub-divisions and appointment of operational staff remain unresolved,” said Jamil Tanoli, Chairman of the WAPDA Hydro Electric Union, told reporters on Monday.
He said the Ministry of Energy (Power Division) had notified the creation of Hazesco on January 18, 2023, following approval by Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif.Later that year, in October, the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan issued a certificate of incorporation for Hazesco under the Companies Act, 2017, registering it as a limited company.
“Nepra has now issued two separate licenses, one for power procurement (generation) and the other for transmission and distribution to consumers,” Tanoli said.He added that Nepra had yet to determine the power quota for Hazesco.
“We required over 1,000 megawatt quota, but only 600 megawatt has been allocated so far, resulting in a shortfall that has been causing widespread power outages across the Hazara division,” he said.
Tanoli also emphasised the need for administrative structuring. “Mansehra should be declared a power division, and Battagram, along with the three districts of Kohistan, should be made subdivisions under Hazesco,” he said.
He said that although the company was now going to be fully functional, Nepra has approved only 110 executive positions so far, while approximately 5,000 technical and clerical posts remain to be sanctioned.
Tanoli urged the federal government to notify the executive board of Hazesco for the Hazara division and resolve pending issues immediately so that it could take off without any further delay.
He appealed to Federal Minister for Religious Affairs Sardar Mohammad Yusuf, former deputy speaker of the National Assembly Murtaza Javed Abbasi, and the former MNA retired Captain Mohammad Safdar Awan, the son-in-law of PMLN chief Nawaz Sharif, to take up these concerns with Premier Shehbaz Sharif, as they had done in the past.
-
Alexandra Daddario, Andrew Form Part Ways After 3 Years Of Marriage -
Eric Dane Rejected Sex Symbol Label -
Avan Jogia Says Life With Fiancee Halsey Feels Like 'coming Home' -
Kate Middleton's Role In Handling Prince William And Harry Feud Revealed -
Tucker Carlson Says Passport Seized, Staff Member Questioned At Israel Airport -
Taylor Swift Made Sure Jodie Turner-Smith's Little Girl Had A Special Day On 'Opalite' Music Video Set -
Eric Dane Says Touching Goodbye To Daughters Billie And Georgia In New Netflix Documentary -
Channing Tatum Reveals What He Told Daughter After Violent Incident At School -
King Charles Lands In The Line Of Fire Because Of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor -
Denise Richards Doubles Down On Abuse Claims Against Ex Husband Aaron Phypers Amid Show Return -
Russia Set To Block Overseas Crypto Exchanges In Sweeping Crackdown -
Gwyneth Paltrow Reveals Deep Personal Connection With Kate Hudson -
Prince Harry, Meghan Markle’s Game Plan For Beatrice, Eugenie: ‘Extra Popcorn For This Disaster’ -
OpenAI To Rollout AI Powered Smart Speakers By 2027 -
Is Dakota Johnsons Dating Younger Pop Star After Breakup With Coldplay Frontman Chris Martin? -
Hilary Duff Tears Up Talking About Estranged Sister Haylie Duff