Undeniable evidence of PTI’s link with May 9 violence available: minister
“Evidence is undeniable and it is now up to courts to ensure swift justice,” says Tarar
LAHORE/LONDON: Federal Minister for Information and Broadcasting Attaullah Tarar has called upon courts to expedite its decisions on the May 9 incidents.
Addressing a news conference on Saturday, he presented evidence about the involvement of senior Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) leaders in attacks on sensitive installations and memorials of martyrs.
He claimed that detailed video evidence, including CCTV footage from Lahore, Gujranwala, Rawalpindi, Peshawar and other cities, directly linked the PTI leaders and members with violence. “The evidence is undeniable and it is now up to the courts to ensure swift justice,” he stated.
The minister accused the PTI leaders of being part of a “well-organised conspiracy” and said they received direct instructions to target key national sites. “They kept asking for evidence and now it is in front of everyone,” he added.
Tarar criticised the PTI founder and his associates for damaging national identity and security while consistently denying responsibility. He questioned whether they would apologise to the nation and accept responsibility for their actions.
He referred the PTI as “Tehreek-e-Inteshar” (Movement for Chaos), accusing the party of looting and causing unrest as part of its agenda. “They attempted to harm national security and their actions align with the narratives of our enemies,” he added.
The minister said that all evidence, including CCTV footage, was secure and unalterable. He stressed the need for a swift resolution of pending cases to set a precedent and avoid such incidents in future.
Tarar urged the PTI leadership to stop calling for foreign interference. He reiterated that justice must be served to prevent chaos in future.
Meanwhile, former prime minister Nawaz Sharif said on Saturday the PTI’s ‘final call’ for protest on Nov 24 was an attempt to derail the country, but it would fail ultimately. He spoke briefly to the media in London before departing for Pakistan, along with Punjab Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz and her son Junaid Safdar.
Nawaz Sharif, who left for his UK and US trip on October 26, spent time in Geneva with family. Maryam Nawaz also visited Geneva for medical treatment earlier this month.
When asked by a journalist whether the purpose of PTI’s protest call was to derail Pakistan’s economic journey, Nawaz Sharif dismissed the prospects of PTI’s protest movement. “I agree with you but they will fail in their mission.”
When asked for his message for those who said Nawaz would stay in London and will not return to Pakistan, the ex-PM replied: “I will call those people a liar”.
-
Sterling K. Brown's Wife Ryan Michelle Bathe Reveals Initial Hesitation Before Taking On New Role -
BAFTA Film Awards Winners: Complete List Of Winners Updating -
Millie Bobby Brown On Her Desire To Have A Big Brood With Husband Jake Bongiovi -
Biographer Exposes Aftermath Of Meghan Markle’s Emotional Breakdown -
Backstreet Boys Admit Aging Changed Everything Before Shows -
Ryan Coogler Makes Rare Statements About His Impact On 'Black Cinema' -
Rising Energy Costs Put UK Manufacturing Competitiveness At Risk, Industry Groups Warn -
Kate Middleton Makes Glitzy Return To BAFTAs After Cancer Diagnosis -
NFL Star Rondale Moore Dies Aged 25, Minnesota Vikings Pay Tribute -
Kim Kardashian Makes Huge Career Move Weeks After Going Public With Lewis Hamilton -
Shia LaBeouf Draws Attention For Sweet Reason After Spending Time In Jail Over Brawl Incident Amid Mardi Gras Bash -
Princess Eugenie, Beatrice Receive Strong Warning After Andrew Arrest: 'Zero Tolerance' -
Rihanna 38th Birthday Detail Breaks The Internet, Featuring Unexpected Huge Item -
Liza Minnelli Recalls Rare Backstage Memory With Mum Judy Garland In New Memoir -
Armed Intruder Shot Dead At Trump's Mar-a-Lago Residence: US Secret Service -
Total Lunar Eclipse: What You Need To Know And Where To Watch