Petitions on BoK, Malam Jabba scams disposed of
PESHAWAR: The Peshawar High Court (PHC) on Tuesday disposed of two writ petitions regarding the closing of probe into scandal of Bank of Khyber filed by National Accountability Bureau and inquiry into Malam Jabba scam earlier ordered by the court.
The PHC two-member bench, comprising Justice SM Attiq Shah and Justice Wiqar Ahmad, was informed that the probe into BoK scandal cannot be continued as per the new NAB laws while the Malam Jabba case had already been shelved by the court and it cannot be reopened. Similarly, the bench was told that the NAB had also scrapped a probe into Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) against Peshawar Development Authority Deputy Director Alamzeb Khan, therefore, the writ became infructuous and further proceedings could not be continued.
Upon this, the court declared that the NAB had said it cannot continue investigation against the accused, therefore, the hearing into these cases cannot be continued. The court extended the bail before the arrest of accused BRT contractors till February 22 and adjourned the hearing into the case due to the appearance of their lawyer Wasim Sajjad before the larger bench in Islamabad.
-
Dwayne Johnson Confesses What Secretly Scares Him More Than Fame -
Elizabeth Hurley's Son Damian Breaks Silence On Mom’s Romance With Billy Ray Cyrus -
Shamed Andrew Should Be Happy ‘he Is Only In For Sharing Information’ -
Daniel Radcliffe Wants Son To See Him As Just Dad, Not Harry Potter -
Apple Sued Over 'child Sexual Abuse' Material Stored Or Shared On ICloud -
Nancy Guthrie Kidnapped With 'blessings' Of Drug Cartels -
Hailey Bieber Reveals Justin Bieber's Hit Song Baby Jack Is Already Singing -
Emily Ratajkowski Appears To Confirm Romance With Dua Lipa's Ex Romain Gavras -
Leighton Meester Breaks Silence On Viral Ariana Grande Interaction On Critics Choice Awards -
Heavy Snowfall Disrupts Operations At Germany's Largest Airport -
Andrew Mountbatten Windsor Released Hours After Police Arrest -
Heidi Klum Eyes Spooky Season Anthem With Diplo After Being Dubbed 'Queen Of Halloween' -
King Charles Is In ‘unchartered Waters’ As Andrew Takes Family Down -
Why Prince Harry, Meghan 'immensely' Feel 'relieved' Amid Andrew's Arrest? -
Jennifer Aniston’s Boyfriend Jim Curtis Hints At Tensions At Home, Reveals Rules To Survive Fights -
Shamed Andrew ‘dismissive’ Act Towards Royal Butler Exposed