AJK president terms Indian protest against UK envoy’s visit to Azad Kashmir ridiculous
The AJK president said that the Indian government that hosted G20 summit events in the Illegally Occupied Kashmir last year has no moral or legal justification
ISLAMABAD: Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) President Barrister Sultan Mahmood Chaudhry on Monday, while rejecting India’s protest against British High Commissioner Jane Marriott’s recent visit to Mirpur, termed the Indian government’s contention on the matter as highly ‘ridiculous’.
The AJK president said that the Indian government that hosted G20 summit events in the Illegally Occupied Kashmir last year has no moral or legal justification to lodge a protest over the UK envoy’s visit to Mirpur.
“India has no moral or legal justification to raise objections over the foreign diplomats’ visits to Azad Kashmir,” he said, adding that the envoys of different countries have visited the region (Azad Kashmir) before, and they will continue to do so in the future.
Terming Kashmir as an internationally recognised disputed territory, Barrister Chaudhry said that Kashmir has never been the part of India. He further advised India to refrain from its expansionist designs and realise the ground reality that it could no longer hold Kashmiris hostage by the dint of force.
The AJK president said that the political and human rights situation in the Indian Illegally Occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IIOJ&K) has further worsened since August 5, 2019. He urged the international community to take note of the fast deteriorating political and human rights situation in the region. “The international community should take notice of the crimes committed against Kashmiris by the Indian occupation forces.”
He said it was high time the influential world governments should play their role to help stop bloodshed and violence in the IIOJ&K.
-
Japan: PM Takaichi Flags China ‘Coercion,’ Pledges Defence Security Overhaul -
Angorie Rice Spills The Beans On Major Details From Season 2 Of ' The Last Thing He Told Me' -
Questions Raised Over Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Line Of Succession -
'Shameless' Sarah Ferguson 'pressuring' Princess Eugenie, Beatrice For Major Reason -
Teacher Arrested After Confessing To Cocaine Use During Classes -
Paul McCartney Talks 'very Emotional' Footage Of Late Wife Linda In New Doc -
Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie's Response To Andrew's Arrest Revealed -
King Charles And Princess Anne Bestow Honours At Windsor Castle -
King Charles 'worried' As Buckingham Palace, Royal Family Facing 'biggest Crisis' -
Milo Ventimiglia Recalls First Meeting With Arielle Kebbel On The Sets Of 'Gilmore Girls' Amid New Project -
Eric Dane Infuriated After ALS Diagnosis As He Feared The Disease Would Take Him Away From His Girls -
It's A Boy! Luke Combs, Wife Nicole Welcome Third Child -
Leading Astrophysicist Shot Dead At Southern California Home -
Johnny Depp's Kind Gesture Towards Late 'Grey's Anatomy' Actor Eric Dane Before Death Laid Bare -
How Princess Eugenie, Beatrice React To Andrew Arrest? -
Kylie Jenner 'convinced' Gwyneth Paltrow Is 'crushing' On Timothee Chalamet: 'It's Disrespectful'