Coriander seeds (roasted) 1 tbsp
Cumin seeds (roasted) 1 tbsp
Red chilli (crushed) ½ tbsp
Citric acid ½ tsp
Salt 1¼ tsp or to taste
Black salt 1 tsp
Red chilli powder ½ tsp or to taste
Gram flour sifted 1¼ cup
Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
Green chilli paste 1 tsp
Turmeric powder 1 tsp
Cumin powder ½ tbsp
Black pepper powder 1 tsp
Red chilli powder ½ tbsp or to taste
Carom seeds ½ tsp
Red chilli (crushed) 1 tbsp
Orange food colour ¼ tsp
Lemon juice 1½ tbsp
Cooking oil 2 tbsp
Water 1½ cup or as required
Fish fillets 750g
* Prepare Spice Mix: In mortal and pestle, add coriander seeds, cumin seeds, red chilli crushed, and citric acid, salt and crush well.
* Add black salt, red chilli powder and crush again. Spice mix is ready!
* Prepare Masala Fish Fry: In a bowl, add gram flour, ginger garlic paste, green chilli paste, turmeric powder, cumin powder, black pepper powder, red chilli powder, carom seeds, red chilli crushed, salt, orange food colour, lemon juice, cooking oil, gradually add water and whisk well to make a batter.
* Make cuts on fish fillets, add prepared marinate, rub evenly, cover and marinate for 3-4 hours.
* In a wok, heat cooking and fry on medium flame until golden brown.
* Sprinkle prepared spice mix and serve!
Courtesy: Food Fusion Recipe by Kanwal Mohsin