Pakistan Army refutes Indian claim of fire exchange in Neelum valley
Intermittent CFVs (ceasefire violations) by Indian Army continue along LOC, being befittingly responded, said DG ISPR
RAWALPINDI: The Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) on Saturday clarified that no "major exchange of fire in Kiran or Neelum valley as being propagated by Indian Media" had taken place.
"Intermittent CFVs (ceasefire violations) by Indian Army continue along LOC, being befittingly responded. In response to CFV in Dewa Sector reports of damage to Indian posts and heavy casualties to Indian soldiers. No major exchange of fire in Kiran or Neelum valley as being propagated by Indian Media," read the tweet from the ISPR.
The tweet from the DG ISPR came after reports claimed that heavy exchange of fire had been taking place between Pakistan and Indian armed forces at Neelum Valley.
Indian army chief General Bipin Rawat, in suggestive and provocative remarks, had on Wednesday said that the situation along the LoC could escalate any time and that the Indian army was prepared for the spiraling of the escalation matrix, The Times of India had reported.
The remarks came as thousands of people took to the streets in India again on Wednesday against a new citizenship law based on religion that has touched off violent unrest, and a southern state imposed curbs on public gatherings to pre-empt further demonstrations.
-
Security forces gun down 30 terrorists in multiple IBOs in KP: ISPR
-
MQM-P calls for new province in Sindh
-
US report validates Pakistan military edge over India: PM
-
Banned TTP poses serious threat to Pakistan security: UNSC panel
-
CM Afridi clarifies remarks on by-poll after ECP requests army deployment
-
Dubai sees 3.2m Pakistani passengers in 2025 as airport sets new milestone
-
Security forces kill 23 Indian proxy terrorists in KP's Kurram
-
Pakistan to construct island to boost oil exploration: report