Elon Musk set for trillionaire status as SpaceX files for a long-awaited public stock offering
The filing showed SpaceX generated $18.7 billion in revenue last year, a 33 percent increase from the previous year
SpaceX has officially filed for a long-awaited public stock offering, revealing new details about the finances and ambitions of Elon Musk’s rocket and satellite company.
The company, which will trade under the ticker symbol SPCX, released a 277-page filing on Wednesday outlining its business operations, leadership structure and future plans.
The filing showed SpaceX generated $18.7 billion in revenue last year, a 33 percent increase from the previous year.
However, the company reported a $4.9 billion loss in 2025 after recording a profit in 2024.
SpaceX said much of its spending has gone towards artificial intelligence infrastructure, Starlink satellite technology and space exploration projects.
In its filing, the company stated its mission is “to build the systems and technologies necessary to make life multiplanetary”.
Elon Musk remains chairman and controls more than 85 percent of the company’s voting power through his share structure.
The company also disclosed that Musk has received an annual salary of $54,080 since 2019, but could receive billions in stock awards if SpaceX reaches major valuation targets and establishes a permanent human colony on Mars.
Analysts expect the SpaceX listing to become the largest initial public offering in history, potentially valuing the company at more than $1 trillion.
-
Former DOJ official accused of secretly sending herself Trump case files, disguised as ‘cake recipes’
-
Raul Castro indicted by US prosecutors over deadly 1996 aircraft attack
-
Trump and Netanyahu clash over new Iran peace proposal
-
US eyes India energy market after Iran conflict disrupts supplies
-
Iran envoy condemns UN inaction over US-Israel attacks
-
Global oil markets slide as Trump says Iran talks near final stage
-
US court rules White House must comply with Presidential Records Act
-
Trump says US and Iran are 'right on the borderline' of a deal
-
Growing Ebola outbreak leaves nearly 140 dead, surpasses 600 suspected cases: WHO
-
UK parliamentary election set for june 18 as major leadership change looms
-
Nancy update: Porch Guy was 'pawn', hidden network behind kidnapping
-
Iran warns of conflict ‘beyond the region’ if US and Israel resume strikes
