Fortnite finally returns to App Stores worldwide in major comeback for Epic Games
Epic Games said Fortnite is still unavailable on Australia’s App Store, accusing Apple of continuing to enforce developer policies previously ruled unlawful by courts
Epic Games' Fortnite is finally returning to app stores worldwide.
The gaming platform said on Tuesday its popular shooter title "Fortnite" has returned to global app stores, as the video game maker signaled confidence in a favorable outcome from an ongoing lawsuit against Apple.
"Once Apple is forced to show its costs, governments around the world will not allow Apple junk fees to stand," Epic said in a statement.
Epic, a U.S.-based studio backed by China's Tencent, has been embroiled in a legal battle with Apple since 2020 and alleges that the company's practice of charging a commission of up to 30% on in-app payments violated U.S. antitrust rules.
"Apple knows the U.S. federal court will force it to be transparent about how it charges its App Store fees," Epic said.
Last year, "Fortnite" was made available on the App Store in the U.S. after a nearly five-year ban.
"Fortnite," one of the most popular games in the world, follows a last-man-standing battle royale formula and boasts millions of daily players who spend heavily on in-game currency to buy cosmetics for avatars.
However, Epic earlier this year said it will cut more than 1,000 jobs following a drop in engagement for "Fortnite" due to macroeconomic uncertainty and a challenging spending environment.
Notably, Epic Games company said "Fortnite" has not returned to the Australian App Store yet as Apple continues to enforce many developer terms that the court had found unlawful.
-
Former NFL cheerleader makes major donation for Chud The Builder's victim
-
Ramsey Elkholy's Epstein connection continues to haunt former modelling agent
-
Disney+ and Anne Hathaway deepen bond with big new move
-
Nancy Guthrie kidnapping: Sheriff reveals key to solving disappearance case of Savannah's mom
-
Earth’s oceans ruled by aliens? Former US Admiral’s explosive claims sparks UFO debate
-
Donald Trump Jr, Bettina Anderson's shocking wedding plans revealed
-
Kendall Jenner, Jacob Elordi's relationship takes serious turn after romantic getaway
-
Elsie Hewitt 'feels shattered' after Pete Davidson's cruel side exposed
-
'Game of Thrones' star Kit Harington breaks silence on series 'amazing' impact after years
-
Yungblud stalker fails to show up in front of magistrate, being sought by authorities
-
Jamahl Mosley joins New Orleans Pelicans but NBA fans are divided
-
Nancy kidnapping: Major update in Savannah Guthrie's mother case comes to light
