Royals

How Meghan Markle, Prince Harry react to King Charles speech to US Congress?

King Charles called for the United States and Britain to renew their longstanding transatlantic alliance

Published April 29, 2026
“Once upon a time, that would have been unthinkable. Now it makes the point for them.”

Amid Prince Harry’s efforts to reconcile with his father King Charles, a royal expert has claimed that the Duke and his wife Meghan Markle did not watch King Charles speech live to the US Congress.

The insiders told royal expert Rob Shuter that Meghan and Harry also did not watch it later either.

Advertisement

The source claimed, “They didn’t watch it. Not live, not later, not at all.

“Once upon a time, that would have been unthinkable. Now it makes the point for them.”

The expert said and that point was clear: “the distance is no longer symbolic. It is real.”

The California-based royal couple have also not spoken to King Charles while he is in the USA and, despite past efforts to repair the rupture, the sources claimed there are no plans for contact and no expectation of a meeting.

The insider continued, “There is no relationship right now. No calls. No messages. No outreach. No backchannel. It has gone completely cold.”

King Charles and Queen Camilla arrived in US on a four-day state visit on the invitation of President Donald Trump.

King Charles called Tuesday for the United States and Britain to renew their longstanding transatlantic alliance, in a speech at a White House state dinner hosted by President Donald Trump amid tensions over Iran and Ukraine.

Speaking alongside Trump for the first time during his four-day state visit, Charles skirted around any direct mention of the bad blood between the US leader and British Prime Minister Keir Starmer.

Invited guests included Apple boss Tim Cook, Amazon´s Jeff Bezos, Nvidia´s Jensen Huang, and two-time Masters-winning golfer Rory McIlroy, who was born in Northern Ireland.

Earlier in Congress, Charles urged the United States on Tuesday to stand firm with its Western allies in a warmly received speech.

Mukhtar Ahmed Junejo
Mukhtar Ahmed Junejo is the Deputy News Editor at The News International (Digital) with over 10 years of experience. He specialises in real-time reporting on the British Royal Family and analyses monarchy transitions, internal dynamics, and global media narratives. He also covers high-profile celebrity news and international human-interest stories.
Share this story: