New foreign secy, Qureshi discuss foreign policy contours
ISLAMABAD: Newly appointed Foreign Secretary Sohail Mahmood called on Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi at the ministry here on Wednesday and discussed different contours of foreign policy.
The minister congratulated the newly appointed foreign secretary on assuming charge and said he was a seasoned and experienced diplomat, a Foreign Office press release said. “He (Mahmood) has a long experience of serving at important positions including as the high commissioner to India,” Qureshi said. In his remarks Mahmood said he will make the utmost efforts to perform his duties to the best of his capabilities. During the meeting, both the minister and the secretary discussed different contours of foreign policy.
Mahmood, who previously served as Pakistan’s high commissioner to India, replaces Tehmina Janjua, who retired on April 16, after serving for two years. He has also previously served as Pakistan’s ambassador to Turkey. Before that, Mahmood served as the ambassador to Thailand and political coordinator for Pakistan’s delegation to the UN Security Council.
-
Pamela Anderson, David Hasselhoff's Return To Reimagined Version Of 'Baywatch' Confirmed By Star -
Willie Colón, Salsa Legend, Dies At 75 -
Prince Edward Praised After Andrew's Arrest: 'Scandal-free Brother' -
Shawn Levy Recalls Learning Key Comedy Tactic In 'The Pink Panther' -
King Charles Fears More Trouble As Monarchy Faces Growing Pressure -
Inside Channing Tatum's Red Carpet Return After Shoulder Surgery -
Ryan Coogler Brands 'When Harry Met Sally' His Most Favourite Rom Com While Discussing Love For Verstality -
Sarah Pidgeon Explains Key To Portraying Carolyn Bessette Kennedy -
Justin Bieber Rocked The World With Bold Move 15 Years Ago -
Sam Levinson Wins Hearts With Huge Donation To Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Kate Middleton Steps Out First Time Since Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Arrest -
Inside Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi's 'private' Marriage With Husband Jionni LaValle Amid Health Scare -
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again