No suspect of COVID-19 in Pindi so far
Rawalpindi : None of the healthcare facilities including the three teaching hospitals in town including Holy Family Hospital, Benazir Bhutto Hospital and District Headquarters Hospital along with Coronavirus Care Centre established at Rawalpindi Institute of Urology has received any suspect of disease caused by coronavirus (COVID-19) so far though a total of 59 persons having link with either China or Iran were under quarantine at home.
As many as 49 persons have completed 14-day quarantine period. Majority of the persons were studying in China, the most affected country by the novel coronavirus 2019. They were kept in quarantine at their homes in the district and the teams of district health department were monitoring their health on regular basis.
According to a senior health official at the district health department, another 10 persons are under observation though they have also been under quarantine at their homes. Pleading anonymity, the official informed ‘The News’ that the persons who are still under quarantine have reached Pakistan from Iran after pilgrimage (Ziaraat).
It is important that the novel coronavirus that was identified in Wuhan city, Hubei Province of China on 9th January 2020 with more than 200 confirmed human infections and at least two deaths has so far claimed a total of 3522 lives around the globe while infected a total of 103738 persons including 80651 in China till Saturday evening. After China, the most affected country in the world with 3070 deaths by COVID-19, Italy stands at number two with 197 deaths and Iran at number three with 145 deaths till Saturday.
We have received a number of persons (zaireen) from Iran though most of them stayed in the district for not more than few hours, said the health department’s official while talking to ‘The News’.
He said the health department is keeping under observation the persons who are staying in the district after returning from affected countries. We have been working in close coordination with authorities working on screening at international entry points, he said.
-
Tucker Carlson Says Passport Seized, Staff Member Questioned At Israel Airport -
Taylor Swift Made Sure Jodie Turner-Smith's Little Girl Had A Special Day On 'Opalite' Music Video Set -
Eric Dane Says Touching Goodbye To Daughters Billie And Georgia In New Netflix Documentary -
Channing Tatum Reveals What He Told Daughter After Violent Incident At School -
King Charles Lands In The Line Of Fire Because Of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor -
Denise Richards Doubles Down On Abuse Claims Against Ex Husband Aaron Phypers Amid Show Return -
Russia Set To Block Overseas Crypto Exchanges In Sweeping Crackdown -
Gwyneth Paltrow Reveals Deep Personal Connection With Kate Hudson -
Prince Harry, Meghan Markle’s Game Plan For Beatrice, Eugenie: ‘Extra Popcorn For This Disaster’ -
OpenAI To Rollout AI Powered Smart Speakers By 2027 -
Is Dakota Johnsons Dating Younger Pop Star After Breakup With Coldplay Frontman Chris Martin? -
Hilary Duff Tears Up Talking About Estranged Sister Haylie Duff -
US Supreme Court Strikes Down Trump’s Global Tariffs As 'unlawful' -
Kelly Clarkson Explains Decision To Quit 'The Kelly Clarkson Show' -
Inside Hilary Duff's Supportive Marriage With Husband Matthew Koma Amid New Album Release -
Daniel Radcliffe Admits To Being Self Conscious While Filming 'Harry Potter' In Late Teens