Owners slam CNG stations closure in Abbottabad, Mansehra
ABBOTTABAD: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa CNG Association and owners of the gas stations on Friday termed the closure of gas stations in Abbottabad, Mansehra and other districts of the province as contempt of court and decided to move the Peshawar High Court (PHC) against the Sui Northern Gas Pipelines Limited (SNGPL) and respective district administrations for closing the pumps till January 20.
CNG Association provincial president Fazal-e-Muqeem Khan said that they had challenged the order of various district administrations that banned the operation of the CNG stations.
He said the SNGPL had sought the support of various district administrations of KP for imposing Section 144 to ban the operation of CNG stations up to January 20 so that the domestic needs of Sui gas consumers could be met through proper curtailment of the CNG stations.
The office-bearer said the SNGPL Peshawar wrote to 10 deputy commissioners of Peshawar, Charsada. Nowshera, Kohat, Bannu, Hangu, Karak, Haripur, Abbottabad and Mansehra for support saying there was an acute shortage of gas due to a huge gap between supply.
He rejected the SNGPL assertion and said total production of the Northern area zone is 500 to 600 million cubic feet whereas total consumption is 350 million cubic feet.
Fazal-e- Muqeem said the SNGPL, knowing the clear judgments of the PHC adopted a new scheme to close CNG stations and involved deputy commissioners in enforcing Section 144 in their respective district.
According to the judgment, he said, the PHC had directed the SNGPL “to adhere to the decisions in letter and spirit in view of Article 158 of the constitution while dealing with the petitioners and all other stakeholders in the province”. He said the PHC Circuit Bench in Abbottabad had accepted the writ petition of the CNG Stations Association on February 28, last year and upheld the order of the PHC.
Meanwhile, the deputy commissioners of Abbottabad and Mansehra in their separate orders on January 6 stated that the SNGPL was facing an acute shortage of gas due to a huge gap in supply and demand.
The SNGPL had requested to impose a complete ban on operations of CNG stations up to January 20, 2022 to fulfil the domestic gas demand.
-
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again -
Prince William And Kate's Photos With Andrew Used In New Campaign Against Royals -
Touching Eric Dane Moment With Daughter Emerges After Viral Final Words -
Kate Middleton Quietly Backs Princess Beatrice, Eugenie As Andrew Scandal Intensifies -
Michael B. Jordan Shares His Thoughts On Growing Trend Of Live-action Anime Adaptations -
Why Mikaela Shiffrin Celebrated Olympic Gold With Taylor Swift Song? -
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Was Mentioned In Epstein Email Sent Before His Death -
'Dump Eugenie And Beatrice': Andrew's Daughters Face Backlash After His Arrest -
Hilary Duff Finally Addresses Ashley Tisdale's 'toxic Mom Group' Essay -
Ryan Coogler Explains Why His Latest Project 'Sinners' Is So Close To His Heart -
Meghan Markle, Prince Harry's Longtime Friend Shares True Feelings Of Royal Couple On Andrew Arrest -
Who Is Punch? Here’s Everything To Know About The Viral Sensation Winning Over Internet -
Andrew's 'mental Health' Concerns Comment Sparks Outrage On Social Media