Intercity bus operations may resume after finalisation of SOPs, SHC told
The Sindh government has been conducting meetings with the intercity buses owners associations for the resumption of intercity bus operations, a provincial law officer has told the Sindh High Court (SHC).
During the hearing of a petition of transporter associations, representatives of the associations submitted that they had submitted some viable proposals to the Sindh transport department for the intercity bus operations.
They submitted that the Punjab government had issued a standard operating procedure (SOP) for the operation of intercity buses and the same had been issued to all the secretaries and district regional transport authorities for enforcement in the intercity bus operations in Punjab. The petitioners added that the operation of intercity buses had also been started in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa and the restriction was only imposed in Sindh.
The provincial law officer submitted that the government was already in contact with the intercity bus transporters’ associations and SOPs had to be issued on the basis of medical advice of experts. He said after proper meetings and discussions, the possibility of opening the intercity buses would be considered.
A division bench of the SHC headed by Justice Mohammad Ali Mazhar directed the provincial law officer to file comments by June 1. During an earlier hearing, a home department official had informed the SHC that the intercity bus transporters had not given any viable proposal for the resumption of their bus operations during the coronavirus crisis and if they submitted any proposal to the home department, it would place the same before the relevant committee for consideration.
Pillion riding
The SHC directed the Sindh advocate general to file comments on a petition against the recalling of exemption for the journalists from the ban on pillion riding.
The petitioner, Umair Anjum, submitted that in view of a court order on May 14, partial modification had been issued in the government’s notification with regard to the ban on pillion riding and now the family members residing in the same household, including women, kids and elderly persons, were allowed to travel pillion but the restrictions on pillion riding for the media persons and law enforcement agencies were still in force.
He said such a ban should also be lifted after issuing some SOPs. The high court directed the provincial law officer to file comments by June 8.
-
Inside Channing Tatum's Red Carpet Return After Shoulder Surgery -
Ryan Coogler Brands 'When Harry Met Sally' His Most Favourite Rom Com While Discussing Love For Verstality -
Sarah Pidgeon Explains Key To Portraying Carolyn Bessette Kennedy -
Justin Bieber Rocked The World With Bold Move 15 Years Ago -
Sam Levinson Wins Hearts With Huge Donation To Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Kate Middleton Steps Out First Time Since Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Arrest -
Inside Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi's 'private' Marriage With Husband Jionni LaValle Amid Health Scare -
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again -
Prince William And Kate's Photos With Andrew Used In New Campaign Against Royals -
Touching Eric Dane Moment With Daughter Emerges After Viral Final Words -
Kate Middleton Quietly Backs Princess Beatrice, Eugenie As Andrew Scandal Intensifies -
Michael B. Jordan Shares His Thoughts On Growing Trend Of Live-action Anime Adaptations -
Why Mikaela Shiffrin Celebrated Olympic Gold With Taylor Swift Song?