PHC declares Swat WSSC chief’s appointment illegal
PESHAWAR: The Peshawar High Court (PHC) on Tuesday declared the appointment of both the chief executive officers of Water Supply and Sanitation Company (WSSC) in Swat illegal and directed the provincial government to make the appointment strictly under the rules and law.
A division bench comprising Justice Ikramullah Khan and Justice Lal Jan Khattak not only dismissed the writ petition of the removed Chief Executive Officer (CEO) WSSC Swat, Pervez Khan, but also declared the appointment of newly appointed CEO, Shaida Muhammad, against the rules.
The bench ordered the government to re-advertise the post within a month. “There seems no transparency in the appointment of CEOs as the first CEO had been selected from the bottom in violation of the merit and the second CEO was appointed against the rules and set procedure for the appointment,” the bench observed while announcing decision after detailed hearing in the writ petition by Pervez Khan against his removal and appointment of the new CEO.
During the course of hearing, the petitioner’s lawyers submitted that the provincial government removed Pervez Khan without fulfilling legal procedure. They argued that he had been appointed to the post after adopting lawful procedure. The lawyers submitted that the petitioner was removed after serving for four months as CEO of WSSC Swat without giving show-cause notice.
The lawyers also submitted that malafide intention on part of the government was also proved from the removal order as he was removed first on the executive order a day before adopting separate procedure under the rules in haste.
They said the chairman of Board of Directors of WSSC Swat adopted fake resolution as there were no signatures of the members of the board on the resolution. The lawyers also said the provincial government even after the court order of suspending the removal order of the petitioner appointed another CEO against the rules and law.
Pervez Khan also appeared before the bench and submitted that he had been removed from the post after he refused to make political appointments in the WSSC Swat as desired by the ruling parties.
However, counsel for the present CEO, Shaida Muhammad, and additional advocate general submitted that the government removed the petitioner after knowing that he was not qualified for the post. They argued that he was removed after knowing through the media that there were allegations of corruption against him.
-
Shawn Levy Recalls Learning Key Comedy Tactic In 'The Pink Panther' -
King Charles Fears More Trouble As Monarchy Faces Growing Pressure -
Inside Channing Tatum's Red Carpet Return After Shoulder Surgery -
Ryan Coogler Brands 'When Harry Met Sally' His Most Favourite Rom Com While Discussing Love For Verstality -
Sarah Pidgeon Explains Key To Portraying Carolyn Bessette Kennedy -
Justin Bieber Rocked The World With Bold Move 15 Years Ago -
Sam Levinson Wins Hearts With Huge Donation To Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Kate Middleton Steps Out First Time Since Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Arrest -
Inside Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi's 'private' Marriage With Husband Jionni LaValle Amid Health Scare -
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again -
Prince William And Kate's Photos With Andrew Used In New Campaign Against Royals -
Touching Eric Dane Moment With Daughter Emerges After Viral Final Words -
Kate Middleton Quietly Backs Princess Beatrice, Eugenie As Andrew Scandal Intensifies