Mahrang Baloch’s detention extended for 30 days
QUETTA: The Balochistan government has extended the detention of the Chief Organizer of the Baloch Yakjehti Committee (BYC), Dr Mahrang Baloch for another 30 days along with other jailed female activists.
Dr Mahrang and Beebow Baloch were arrested and shifted to Quetta District Jail on March 22 under Maintenance of Public Order (MPO) Ordinance (MPO) for 30 days. The Provincial Home Department has issued a notification on Monday under which she will remain under detention till May 22.
Imran Baloch advocate, the lawyer of the detained BYC leader confirmed that the Provincial Home Department issued the notification ordering for extending her detention for another 30 days.A petition was filed by her lawyers in the Balochistan High Court which had been heard by a division bench comprising acting Chief Justice Ejaz Ahmed Swati and Justice Muhammad Aamir Rana and after hearing arguments from both the sides, the court had reserved its decision which was announced on April 15.
The court had disposed of the petition asking the petitioner to first approach the appropriate legal forum for redress. The lawyers of Dr Mahrang had told the media that the court had asked to approach the Provincial Home Department which had issued the detention orders of Dr Mahrang Baloch and others.
Imran Baloch, the lawyer of Nadia Baloch while referring to the judgment of the court said that the court directed him to approach the proper forum for redress, which is the home department and under its order Dr Mahrang had been arrested. He said that before arresting Dr Mahrang the legal procedure was not adopted by the authorities concerned therefore, direct petition was filed in the high court.
Advocate Imran said, “We will approach the Home Department against the arrest of Dr Mahrang under MPO-3 as the court directed and if the Home Department upholds the arrest of Dr Mahrang under MPO then we will again approach the high court.”
However, the lawyers have not approached the Provincial Home Department so far after the BHC division bench verdict.
The BYC Chief Organizer was facing over a dozen cases which were registered by the provincial authorities on the charges of terrorism”, “sedition, murder and others.
The Balochistan National Party-Mengal (BNPM) had held a long march from Wadh to Quetta but not allowed to enter the provincial capital by the district administration after which the marchers converted the march into protest sit-in against the arrest of Dr Mahrang and other females of BYC at Luckpass, which continued for 20 days.
-
Japan: PM Takaichi Flags China ‘Coercion,’ Pledges Defence Security Overhaul -
Angorie Rice Spills The Beans On Major Details From Season 2 Of ' The Last Thing He Told Me' -
Questions Raised Over Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Line Of Succession -
'Shameless' Sarah Ferguson 'pressuring' Princess Eugenie, Beatrice For Major Reason -
Teacher Arrested After Confessing To Cocaine Use During Classes -
Paul McCartney Talks 'very Emotional' Footage Of Late Wife Linda In New Doc -
Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie's Response To Andrew's Arrest Revealed -
King Charles And Princess Anne Bestow Honours At Windsor Castle -
King Charles 'worried' As Buckingham Palace, Royal Family Facing 'biggest Crisis' -
Milo Ventimiglia Recalls First Meeting With Arielle Kebbel On The Sets Of 'Gilmore Girls' Amid New Project -
Eric Dane Infuriated After ALS Diagnosis As He Feared The Disease Would Take Him Away From His Girls -
It's A Boy! Luke Combs, Wife Nicole Welcome Third Child -
Leading Astrophysicist Shot Dead At Southern California Home -
Johnny Depp's Kind Gesture Towards Late 'Grey's Anatomy' Actor Eric Dane Before Death Laid Bare -
How Princess Eugenie, Beatrice React To Andrew Arrest? -
Kylie Jenner 'convinced' Gwyneth Paltrow Is 'crushing' On Timothee Chalamet: 'It's Disrespectful'