Eggplant 2 (200 grams)
Water 2 cups
Milk ½ cup
Flour ½ cup
Chicken cube/bullion 1
Dry basil leaves ½ tsp.
Milk 1 tbsp.
Salt a pinch
Pepper a pinch
Bread crumbs 1 cup
Oil to fry
- Mix milk, water and salt in a large bowl set aside.
- Peel eggplant and cut lengthwise like French fries. Soak eggplant in milk water solution for 10 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients of flour coating. Wipe excess water from eggplant slices and coat each slice in flour coating.
- Beat eggs with salt, pepper and milk. Coat each eggplant slice in egg mixture first then coat with bread crumbs.
- When all fries are coated, heat oil and deep fry eggplant fries until golden brown. Serve hot with ketchup and chaat masala.
Prep: 15 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes Serves: 3
Courtesy: Mariam Sodawater (Recipe52.com)