1. Which Queen introduced tea as a regular beverage in England?
A. Catherine of Braganza
B. Lady Jane Grey
C. Anne of Denmark
D. Mary I
2. Which of these baked goods was made for the first time in the court of Elizabeth I of England?
A. Eve’s pudding
C. Eccles cake
D. Gingerbread man
3. Which of these queens took cannabis for relieving menstrual cramps?
A. Mary I
B. Queen Victoria
C. Anne Boleyn
D. Catherine de Medici
4. While Elizabeth II is known for her frugality *insert lying emoji*, which European queen was famous for her extravagance?
A. Marie Antoinette of France (1774 - 1791)
B. Margaret I of Denmark (1353 - 1412)
C. Isabella I of Castile (1474 - 1504)
D. Anne of Denmark (1603- 19)
5. We know a lot about Elizabeth I, right? So, can you figure out which one of these statements about the Virgin Queen is wrong?
A. She has been portrayed on screen more than any other British monarch
B. She wore lavish gowns and ordered her ladies to wear black and white only
C. She adored her half-sister Mary I
D. She crushed the Spanish Armada in 1588
6. Elizabeth I loved painting her face with makeup. What do you think her makeup was made of?
A. White lead and vinegar
B. Salt and animal fat
C. Arsenic and shea butter
D. White rose and lemon
7. Which of these European queens became the inspiration for the figure of the Queen in modern chess? (Hint: Chess wasn’t invented in Europe)
A. Isabelle I of Castile (1474 - 1504)
B. Anne of Denmark (1589-1619)
C. Eleanor of Aquitaine (1137-52)
D. Saint Elizabeth of Portugal (1282-1325)
8. Who performed at the funeral of Princess Diana, the Queen of Hearts?
A. Elton John
B. Ed Sheeran
C. Paul McCartney
9. Why was Mary I called Bloody Mary?
A. She was a vampire
B. She killed Protestants
C. She killed her family
D. She got nosebleeds
10. History shows queens were obedient wives and, in some cases, were obsessed with their husbands. But, can you tell which queen conspired against her husband, and got him killed in the jail?
A. Maria Eleonora of Brandenburg
B. Catherine the Great
C. Queen Victoria
D. Joanna of Castile
Answers on page 12
By Khizra Akhlaq