1- Which fashion brand announced to replace its logo with ten endangered animals?
2. Which ancient culture regarded small feet as beautiful and made it necessary for a woman to wear lotus shoes to flaunt their tiny baby feet?
A. Ancient Mayans (2600 BC-900 AD)
B. Mesopotamia (3500 BC-500 BC)
C. Ancient China (1600 BC-1046 BC)
D. Greek civilization (2700 BC-479 BC)
3. Who introduced the iconic red-sole heels to the fashion world? Today, they are the most expensive shoes in the world.
A. King Louis XIV (French king)
B. Christian Louboutin (Fashion designer)
C. The Chelsea Cobbler (Footwear Company)
D. Victoria Beckham (British singer and model)
4. In the 15th century, why did Persian male soldiers wear heels? (Later, they took the shoe trend to Europe)
A. To look taller and attractive
B. To ride the horse comfortably
C. To use it as weapon
D. To protect feet from injuries
5. By looking at the logos of these fashion brands, can you guess which one is the oldest?
6. “The minute Meghan Markle, Duchess of Sussex, is spotted wearing a specific item, it’s likely to be sold out by the next day”. What is this phenomenon called in the fashion industry?
A. Megan Mania
B. Megan Magic
C. Markle Sparkle
D. The Markle Effect
7. Hina Rabbani Khar, a Pakistani politician, was known for her love for designer bags. Which designer bag got her media attention on her visit to India?
A. Christian Dior
B. Michael Kors
C. Louis Vuitton
D. Hermès Birkin
8. How do luxury brands like Chanel, Louis Vuitton and Burberry deal with their unsold stock so that it doesn’t get misused?
A. Send them as PR gifts
B. Put them on sale
C. Burn them
D. Dump them into the ocean
9. What was Barbie’s first outfit in 1959?
A. Black and white zebra striped swimsuit
B. Purple ball gown with lace gloves
C. Black pencil skirt, stockings and a white sweater
D. Pink billowy skirt with puff sleeves
10. What live animal was worn as a brooch in the late 1800s?
Answers on page 12
By Khizra Akhlaq