Aerosmith cancels Vegas shows after Steven Tyler enters rehab
Aerosmith cancelled shows scheduled for its Vegas residency after Steven Tyler suffered a relapse
Aerosmith cancelled the first two months of shows scheduled for its Las Vegas residency after lead singer Steven Tyler suffered a relapse in his sobriety and entered treatment, Reuters reported Tuesday.
The group, known for hits like Dream on and Walk This Way, plans to take the stage at the Park MGM hotel starting in September, according to a statement posted on Twitter.
Tyler, 74, has been open about past struggles with substance abuse, which had caused tension with his bandmates.
Earlier in 2009, Tyler told People magazine he was receiving treatment for pain management and an addiction to prescription painkillers resulting from 10 years of performance injuries.
The band's statement on Tuesday said the singer had "worked on his sobriety for many years" but recently relapsed following foot surgery "and the necessity of pain management."
Tyler "voluntarily entered a treatment program to concentrate on his health and recovery," the statement said.
"We are devastated that we have inconvenienced so many of you," the band added. "Thank you for your understanding and for your support for Steven during this time." - Reuters
-
Glen Powell reveals wild prank that left sister hunting jail cells
-
'A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms' episode 5: What time it airs and where to stream
-
Gisele Bundchen melts hearts with sweet bike ride glimpse featuring son
-
Camila Mendes reveals how she prepared for her role in 'Idiotka'
-
Jennifer Aniston gives peek into love life with cryptic snap of Jim Curtis
-
'How to Get Away with Murder' star Karla Souza is still friends with THIS costar
-
Wiz Khalifa thanks Aimee Aguilar for 'supporting though worst' after dad's death
-
Dua Lipa wishes her 'always and forever' Callum Turner happy birthday