Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are no novices to being slammed by the unforgiving tabloids and the menacing press that constantly hounds them everywhere.
In a conversation with Fast Company about how important it is to curb the spread of misinformation on social media, the Duke of Sussex revealed how the often racist, sexist, and outright false tabloid coverage surrounding his relationship with Meghan made him steer clear of social media.
"I was really surprised to witness how my story had been told one way, my wife’s story had been told one way, and then our union sparked something that made the telling of that story very different," said Prince Harry in the interview. "That false narrative became the mothership for all of the harassment you’re referring to. It wouldn’t have even begun had our story just been told truthfully," Harry said.
"To their own degree, everyone has been deeply affected by the current consequences of the digital space. It could be as individual as seeing a loved one go down the path of radicalisation or as collective as seeing the science behind the climate crisis denied. We are all vulnerable to it, which is why I don’t see it as a tech issue, or a political issue—it’s a humanitarian issue," the prince added.
'Barbie' star Ryan Gosling did not mince his words
Critics swooned over 'Spider-Man Across the Spider-Verse'
Warner Bros. poured heavy investment in 'The Flash'
The first batch of the remaining Yeezy shoes went on sale Wednesday
The actor is dating a 29-year-old woman
Ryan Gosling took a four-year-long break from Hollywood following the birth of his second child