NEW DELHI: An Indian pharmacist died and his boss was left hospitalised after the pair drank a chemical concoction they had developed in an effort to treat coronavirus, police said Saturday.
The men worked for a herbal medicine company and were testing their treatment — a mix of nitric oxide and sodium nitrate — at a home in southern Chennai city.
K Sivanesan, 47, died on the spot, said local police chief Ashok Kumar.
His colleague Rajkumar was recovering from the poisoning.
Kumar said Sivanesan bought the chemicals from a local market and developed the formula after conducting research on the internet. There are no approved medicines or vaccines for treating COVID-19, triggering a global race for a new drug for the disease that has killed nearly 300,000 people.
Nearly 60,000 cases have been detected in India, which has imposed a drastic nationwide lockdown in an effort to halt the spread of the disease.
Kansas City shooting suspect Lyndell Mays pleaded guilty on February 8, 2022 and was placed on two years' probation...
Elon Musk is accused of making his own "imaginary" fans on X
"The Heart" is Malia Obama's first short film; written, directed solely by her
Home they selected was relocated to the 10-acre Pony Farm, which eventually became the current Circle D Corra
Most student loan debt cancellations under Biden's rule are done through programmes of previous government
Two men have reportedly been charged with murder for shooting at the Super Bowl victory parade in Kansas City