Trump reviews Iran peace plan as Tehran signals defence sharing with Asian allies
'Iran is ready to share its defensive weapons capabilities with independent countries,' defence minister says
President Donald Trump has reviewed an Iranian proposal aimed at resolving two-months long war, but the President is not happy with the peace plan as confirmed by the US official.
The current proposal stipulates the plan to end ongoing conflict by reopening the Strait of Hormuz and sidelining negotiations over Tehran’s nuclear programme and uranium enrichment until the war ends and dispute over shipping lanes resolves.
On Monday, Trump alongside his national security advisers met to review and discussed the plan thoroughly, but as per US media reports, the clause related to delaying nuclear talks made Trump dissatisfied with the plan.
According to Reuters based on the citing of two sources privy to the matter, Trump wants to address the issue of nuclear talks at the start of peace negotiations instead of delaying it for later. If Trump accepts the proposal without addressing the nuclear issue and lifts the blockade, it will weaken the US influence and position.
Soon after the announcement of Trump’s dissatisfaction with the Iranian proposal, Tehran signals defence capability sharing with Asian allies in recent development.
According to Deputy Defence Minister Reza Talaei-Nik, “Iran is ready to share its defensive weapons capabilities with independent countries, especially members of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO), as reported by Iranian state media on Tuesday.
"We are ready to share the experiences of America's defeat with other members of the organisation," Talaei-Nik said during a meeting of SCO defence ministers held in the Kyrgyz capital.
At the same time, Iran is involved in diplomatic talks with Russia to boost this strategic partnership. The war with the US is on hold following a ceasefire announced earlier this month, but efforts to resolve the conflict have stalled.
-
House GOP abruptly pull vote to stop Iran war to avoid embarrassment for Trump
-
Teen faces arson charges after baseball team bus goes up in flames in Winnipeg
-
Trump says he may skip son’s wedding as it comes at ‘not good timing’ amid Iran war
-
Trump administration loses latest battle over voter registration records
-
GOP senators slam Trump’s 'anti-weaponization' fund as 'galactic blunder'
-
Marco Rubio says Cuba is 'national security threat' as Havana accuses US of 'lies'
-
The Trumps assure support to Vanessa Trump during cancer battle
-
Oil markets near danger 'red zone' amid Iran war, warns IEA chief
-
Nancy Guthrie update: Ex-detective who solved big case says police have suspect's name
-
US senators oppose plan to feature Donald Trump on commemorative passports
-
International Court of Justice rules workers have right to strike under key labour law treaty
-
Rubio suggests 'Pakistanis will travel to Iran' as talks show 'good signs'
