Nintendo breaks up with Elon Musk's X
Tesla CEO's company may have done some wrong to Nintendo
Nintendo can’t take Elon Musk’s X, formerly known as Twitter, API fees anymore.
Starting on June 10, direct integration from Switch’s image album to X will no longer function, Nintendo said on Wednesday, according to EnGadget.
All three major console makers have pulled the plug on native screen-sharing to X along with Nintendo’s departure.
In response, X’s official gaming account posted a bizarre, downright Orwellian reply that neglects its central role in the Mario maker’s exit.
"Our partnership with Nintendo remains strong, and we are working together to ensure a smooth transition for all users," @xGaming said.
"We will continue collaborating with partners to bring new and exciting experiences to our global gaming community."
Ironically, X’s built-in reader context feature filled in the omitted subtext.
“This is in direct response to X changing their API," the user-generated context says.
"Specifically, X is charging companies upwards of $40,000 or more per month to access its API. Sony’s PlayStation and Microsoft’s Xbox already removed integration with X last year."
Access to the cheapest Enterprise API plan for The Dumpster Fire, formerly known as Twitter, starts at $42,000 monthly, as per Wired.
Notably, higher tiers can allegedly cost $125,000 and $210,000 per month.
The $42,000 (or more) monthly cost is not likely to sound like much to these mega-corporations, but it appears that even they have their limits.
-
Tucker Carlson says passport seized, staff member questioned at Israel airport
-
Russia set to block overseas crypto exchanges in sweeping crackdown
-
US Supreme Court strikes down Trump’s global tariffs as 'unlawful'
-
Kelly Clarkson explains decision to quit 'The Kelly Clarkson Show'
-
Japan: PM Takaichi flags China ‘Coercion,’ pledges defence security overhaul
-
Angorie Rice spills the beans on major details from season 2 of ' The Last Thing He Told Me'
-
Teacher arrested after confessing to cocaine use during classes
-
Milo Ventimiglia recalls first meeting with Arielle Kebbel on the sets of 'Gilmore Girls' amid new project