Donald Trump drops hints about his VP
According to polls, Donald Trump is leading Republican race after securing victories in Iowa, New Hampshire
As former US President Donald Trump comes closer to securing the Republican nomination for the November elections, he has not dropped any name so far regarding his potential vice president except in cryptic statements.
On Sunday’s interview with Fox News, Donald Trump also said something similar; by dropping hints about what qualities his vice-president should have, as he is confident of his face-off against Democrat Joe Biden.
The 77-year-old said that his potential candidate for vice president must possess the capability of being a "good president" in case of any emergency that could surround his administration.
According to the latest polls, the business mogul is leading the Republican race after securing victories in Iowa and New Hampshire, with former South Carolina governor Nikki Haley trailing behind.
The four-time indicted former president did not join any of the Republican debates and currently, the race within the GOP has narrowed down to these two candidates.
And there are several questions about who would be his potential vice president after he is nominated by the Republicans.
The 77-year-old said: “Always it’s gotta be who is going to be a good president. Obviously, you always have to think that, because in case of emergency.”
“Things happen, right? No matter who you are, things happen. That’s gotta be number one,” the indictment-stricken said.
Underlining that he has no intention to announce his running mate for “a little while,” he, however, gave some hints about who he would be picking for the country’s second most important post.
“You know, I called [South Carolina Senator] Tim Scott and people like Tim Scott, and I said you’re a much better candidate for me than you are for yourself,” Trump said.
"When I watched him, he was fine. He was good, but he was very low-key," the former commander in chief said.
Trump also noted that South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem has caught his attention.
Kristi Noem had said that she would not run against Donald Trump because she does not believe that she, or anyone else for that matter, can beat him.
Media reports earlier claimed that Trump has been considering taking Robert F. Kennedy Jr as a possible running mate — who has left the Democrat party and is running for the White House.
Kennedy denied any such arrangement. Trump Sunday also rejected claims by saying these discussions never happened.
-
South Korea’s ex-President Yoon issues public apology after being sentenced to life over martial law
-
Trump officially directs US agencies to identify and release files on extraterrestrial life
-
Who is 'Queen of Woke'? UK first female Civil head
-
Dwayne Johnson confesses what secretly scares him more than fame
-
Daniel Radcliffe wants son to see him as just dad, not Harry Potter
-
Nancy Guthrie kidnapped with 'blessings' of drug cartels
-
Heavy snowfall disrupts operations at Germany's largest Airport
-
France sees record 102mn international tourists in 2025