A 5-foot-long python was taken by the rescuers to the wildlife facility after a nanny in a South London home encountered the reptile taking a calm name in the kitchen.
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA) helped remove the reptile which can kill human beings.
The rescuer Abigail Campbell told SWNS: "He was slightly skinny."
"I gave him a nudge just to make sure he wasn’t aggressive, but he was very calm and allowed me to pick him up no problem, although he did cling on to the boiler pipe very tightly. He was very strong," Campbell added.
The nanny believed that the snake could have slithered in from the garden through a gap in the wall, while the RSPCA considered the animal escaped or was “abandoned” in the nearby area.
To find whose snake it was, the organisation put up posters however, no one showed up.
"He was very chilled and became somewhat lively once he had been picked up, looking around and smelling the air," Campbell said adding that "he was placed in a snake bag, where he chilled out again, and curled up."
SWNS reported that the animal had been taken to the South Essex Wildlife Hospital.
Reptile knowledge states that pythons are non-venomous nevertheless, some can grow large enough to constrict their owners, which can kill them.
The RSPCA said it has seen many reptiles left behind, explaining that some owners just don’t understand the "commitment" required.
"We believe many people are unaware of how much of a commitment these animals are when they take them on, and we suspect the reality of caring for them has become too much in these cases," Campbell told the outlet.
"This is why we would encourage anyone thinking of getting an exotic pet to find out as much as possible about the animal’s needs and whether they’re the right pet for them."
Australian man Colin Deveraux says fish were acting strangely and moving towards the centre when he had stopped beside...
Lee County Sheriff's Office made light of the discovery of skull in North Fort Myers shop on social media, describing...
Starfish belong to the class of animals known as echinoderms, which also include sand dollars and sea urchins
Halloween-themed doll's head was discovered by a Wessex Water team in a Bristol drain
China's Tsingtao Brewery claimed batch of malt in question had been completely sealed; however, consumers are not...
The dog was there for three days after it slipped into the narrow shaft on English Mountain in eastern Tennessee