LAHORE:A meeting on dengue prevention was held in the Primary and Secondary Healthcare Department under the chairmanship of Provincial Health Ministers Khawaja Salman Rafique and Khawaja Imran Nazir.
During the meeting, the steps taken by all institutions to deal with dengue were reviewed. The provincial health ministers directed all the departments concerned to remain active. Khawaja Salman Rafique said that all the departments will run a very effective prevention campaign in this season. Secretaries of allied departments should ensure the implementation of the decisions taken in the dengue control meeting. Heads of departments should remain active in the field. There will be zero tolerance for violation of SOPs and negligence. Khawaja Salman Rafique said that no negligence would be tolerated in anti-dengue operations. There will be strict accountability of officers who do not work. Dengue will not be possible without the hard work of all the departments concerned. The minister directed the DEAG to formulate its recommendations to deal with dengue.
Khawaja Imran Nazir said that more hard work was needed this season compared to last year. Daily dengue awareness classes will be organised for children in schools. Special surveillance should be conducted in junkyards and graveyards within the district limits.
Meanwhile, another meeting was held here regarding Mayo Hospital under the chairmanship of Provincial Health Minister Khawaja Salman Rafique in the Department of Specialised Healthcare and Medical Education.
Punjab Health Secretary Azmat Mahmood also attended the meeting during which steps were reviewed to improve service delivery at Mayo Hospital. A detailed review was also taken of bulk purchase of medicines, stock balance, live dashboard, clinics and other administrative matters at Mayo Hospital.
Salman Rafique said that according to the statistics, sufficient quantity of syringes, bernaulas and other disposables were available in stock for patients undergoing treatment at Mayo Hospital. On the instructions of Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz, 100% supply of medicines would be ensured at Mayo Hospital. Not even one percent negligence will be tolerated in the treatment and care of patients in any government hospital, he added.
Khawaja Salman Rafique said that the hospital administration should create convenience for the patients. A budget of billions of rupees is given to government hospitals only to provide better treatment facilities to the patients. He directed the Specialised Healthcare and Medical Education Department to investigate the non-availability of medicines to patients at Mayo Hospital despite the availability of sufficient quantities.
APP adds:
On the direction of Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz, the provincial government has released an amount of Rs340 million for the purchase of medicines for Mayo Hospital.
According to a handout issued here on Friday, the Finance Department has granted permission to reallocate funds originally designated for pay and allowances of vacant posts in the hospital. This step has been taken to ensure an uninterrupted supply of essential medicines. Despite the availability of additional funds in Mayo Hospital’s budget, they were not used efficiently, prompting the government to take immediate action.
The Finance Department issued orders for the reallocation of these funds to address the shortage of medicines and improve patient care.