PK-30 by-poll: PPP withdraws candidate in support of PML-Nax
MANSEHRA: Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) has withdrawn its aspirant from election race in support of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz contender to defeat Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf in the by-election.
“I am pleased to withdraw my party contender in support of the PML-N aspirant on the request of my party’s central leadership,” Malik Waheed, the divisional president of PPP, told a gathering held here on Thursday. The Election Commission of Pakistan had announced the by-election in constituency PK-30 on February 22.
This seat had fallen vacant after the disqualification of PML-N contender Mian Ziaur Rehman in a fake degree case by apex court last year. The meeting, which was attended among others by PPP and PML-N leaders also announced to work jointly for the success of the PML-N contender Mazhar Ali Qasim. Waheed said that his party had withdrawn its contender Chaudhry Abdul Aziz and now both PPP and PML-N would campaign jointly.
Speaking on the occasion, PML-N district president Zafar Mahmood said that because of the alliance of both the parties Mazhar Ali Qasim would defeat Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf contender with a big margin of votes.
-
Daniel Radcliffe Admits To Being Self Conscious While Filming 'Harry Potter' In Late Teens -
Director Beth De Araujo Alludes To Andrew's Arrest During Child Trauma Talk -
Video Of Andrew 'consoling' Eugenie Resurfaces After Release From Police Custody -
'Harry Potter' Alum Daniel Radcliffe Gushes About Unique Work Ethic Of Late Co Star Michael Gambon -
Japan: PM Takaichi Flags China ‘Coercion,’ Pledges Defence Security Overhaul -
Angorie Rice Spills The Beans On Major Details From Season 2 Of ' The Last Thing He Told Me' -
Questions Raised Over Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Line Of Succession -
'Shameless' Sarah Ferguson 'pressuring' Princess Eugenie, Beatrice For Major Reason -
Teacher Arrested After Confessing To Cocaine Use During Classes -
Paul McCartney Talks 'very Emotional' Footage Of Late Wife Linda In New Doc -
Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie's Response To Andrew's Arrest Revealed -
King Charles And Princess Anne Bestow Honours At Windsor Castle -
King Charles 'worried' As Buckingham Palace, Royal Family Facing 'biggest Crisis' -
Milo Ventimiglia Recalls First Meeting With Arielle Kebbel On The Sets Of 'Gilmore Girls' Amid New Project -
Eric Dane Infuriated After ALS Diagnosis As He Feared The Disease Would Take Him Away From His Girls -
It's A Boy! Luke Combs, Wife Nicole Welcome Third Child