Khattak urges opposition to take decisions in national interest
NOWSHERA: Federal Minister for Defence Pervez Khattak on Saturday said that the country was passing through a critical phase of its history and the opposition parties should take decisions in the national interest.
Speaking to party workers in Pirsabak, Zaramiana in PK-61 constituency here, he said that scores of families were lifted from the poverty line through various projects, including Ehsaas Programme, Ration cards and others initiated by Prime Minister Imran Khan.
He asked opposition parties to supplement the government efforts to work for the welfare of the people and the country.
Pervez Khattak urged the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf workers and office-bearers to launch a full-fledged campaign for the upcoming local government election by conveying the message of the party and Prime Minister Imran Khan. He said the PTI-led government would complete its constitutional tenure and win the 2023 general election on the basis of its performance.
He said that Prime Minister Imran Khan was the only honest leader, who had the capability to steer the country out of the prevailing crises. He said that the premier had launched a crusade against the menace of corruption.
Pervez Khattak said that the opposition had no proper agenda and it only wanted protection for its own leaders. The country, he alleged, had been suffering due to their corruption but the government would bring back the looted money at all costs. Pervez Khattak said that the Pakistan Democratic Movement was holding public meetings to save own leaders and blackmail Prime Minister Imran Khan to stop the accountability process.
He said that Rashakai Special Economic Zone was an important project of China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) which, he believed, would usher in a new era of development and prosperity in the region.
He said that he had signed an agreement with the Chinese government for establishing the SEZ in Rashakai when he was chief minister of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
The defence minister urged the youth to acquire skill training and vocational education and learn Chinese language to take full benefits of the project in their home province.
He said that the Rashakai SEZ project was a backbone for the KP’s development and prosperity of its people as it would provide employment to over 0.2 million youths.
-
Tucker Carlson Says Passport Seized, Staff Member Questioned At Israel Airport -
Taylor Swift Made Sure Jodie Turner-Smith's Little Girl Had A Special Day On 'Opalite' Music Video Set -
Eric Dane Says Touching Goodbye To Daughters Billie And Georgia In New Netflix Documentary -
Channing Tatum Reveals What He Told Daughter After Violent Incident At School -
King Charles Lands In The Line Of Fire Because Of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor -
Denise Richards Doubles Down On Abuse Claims Against Ex Husband Aaron Phypers Amid Show Return -
Russia Set To Block Overseas Crypto Exchanges In Sweeping Crackdown -
Gwyneth Paltrow Reveals Deep Personal Connection With Kate Hudson -
Prince Harry, Meghan Markle’s Game Plan For Beatrice, Eugenie: ‘Extra Popcorn For This Disaster’ -
OpenAI To Rollout AI Powered Smart Speakers By 2027 -
Is Dakota Johnsons Dating Younger Pop Star After Breakup With Coldplay Frontman Chris Martin? -
Hilary Duff Tears Up Talking About Estranged Sister Haylie Duff -
US Supreme Court Strikes Down Trump’s Global Tariffs As 'unlawful' -
Kelly Clarkson Explains Decision To Quit 'The Kelly Clarkson Show' -
Inside Hilary Duff's Supportive Marriage With Husband Matthew Koma Amid New Album Release -
Daniel Radcliffe Admits To Being Self Conscious While Filming 'Harry Potter' In Late Teens