China to restore IOK’s old status: Farooq Abdullah
HELD SRINAGAR: Indian Occupied Kashmir (IOK)’s former chief minister Farooq Abdullah on Sunday held the Narendra Modi government’s decision to abrogate Article 370 responsible for the Chinese aggression at the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in Ladakh, foreign media reported.
Speaking to a foreign media outlet, Farooq Abdullah said that China "never accepted" the abrogation of Article 370, and hoped that it will be restored with China's support.
"Whatever they are doing at LAC in Ladakh all because of the abrogation of Article 370, which they never accepted. I am hopeful that with their support, Article 370 will be restored in J&K," Farooq Abdullah said. "I never invited the Chinese president, it was [PM] Modi who not only invited him but did jhoola sawari with him. He [PM Modi] even took him to Chennai and had food with him," Farooq Abdullah said.
Further speaking on the Centre's decision on Jammu and Kashmir, Farooq Abdullah said that "what the government had done on August 5 [in 2019] was unacceptable". Farooq Abdullah further said that he was not even allowed to speak on the problems of Jammu and Kashmir in Parliament. Article 370, combined with Article 35A, accorded Jammu and Kashmir special status under the Constitution of India, allowing it to have a separate constitution and a separate penal code among other legal distinctions. Parliament had passed two resolutions on August 5 last year. The first rendered Article 370 inoperative in Jammu and Kashmir by applying the power granted under the same Article of the Constitution. The second resolution was for bifurcation of the state into two Union Territories.
-
Hyundai Recalls 54,000 Hybrid Vehicles After NHTSA Warns Of Fire Risk -
Severe Weather Hits NYC With Flood Risk And Damaging Winds Forecast -
Elon Musk Set For Trillionaire Status As SpaceX Files For A Long-awaited Public Stock Offering -
Former DOJ Official Accused Of Secretly Sending Herself Trump Case Files, Disguised As ‘cake Recipes’ -
Aston Villa End 30-year Trophy Drought With Europa League Triumph -
Prince William, Kate Middleton Do Not Have A ‘yeoman’ At Home -
Raul Castro Indicted By US Prosecutors Over Deadly 1996 Aircraft Attack -
TikTok, YouTube Trail Rivals On Child Safety Measures, UK Regulator Warns -
Caitlin Clark Ruled Out For Fever Vs Fire Game With Back Issue -
Trump And Netanyahu Clash Over New Iran Peace Proposal -
US Eyes India Energy Market After Iran Conflict Disrupts Supplies -
Nvidia Tops Q1 Forecasts On Strong AI Chip Sales, Beats Market Expectations -
Iran Envoy Condemns UN Inaction Over US-Israel Attacks -
King Charles, Queen Camilla Share Snippets From Garden Party -
Global Oil Markets Slide As Trump Says Iran Talks Near Final Stage -
US Court Rules White House Must Comply With Presidential Records Act