Flight issue: Pak athletes to stay in China for few more days
KARACHI: Pakistan’s top athletes will have to stay for a few more days in Nanjing due to flight issue. “They will have to stay for a few more days as there is no flight operation from Nanjing to Islamabad during the next few days,” a senior official of the Athletics Federation of Pakistan (AFP) told ‘The News’ on Wednesday.
“I am in constant contact with the travel agent and probably the flights will reopen their operations by February 4 and our athletes will return by the first available flight,” the official said.
National athletes including Arshad Nadeem, Olympian Mehboob Ali, Mohammad Naeem, Uzair-ur-Rehman and Samiullah are in Nanjing for training purposes. They had to undergo training there until the end of next month but are returning due to outbreak of coronavirus in China.
The training tour had been arranged through the collaboration of Pakistan’s embassy in China. The AFP the other day told the embassy to send the athletes back due to fear of flu-like virus which is causing havoc in China.
“We are in contact with our athletes. The are safe. The place where they are staying is quite safe and hopefully they will return safely,” the official said. Because of the virus, several international events China was going to host were either postponed or moved to other countries.
Asian and Oceania boxing qualifiers for 2020 Tokyo Olympics, in which Pakistani fighters were also set to feature, were scheduled to be hosted by Wuhan in the first and second week of next month were moved to Jordan. The qualifiers will now be held from March 3-14 in Amman, Jordan’s capital.
-
Daniel Radcliffe Admits To Being Self Conscious While Filming 'Harry Potter' In Late Teens -
Director Beth De Araujo Alludes To Andrew's Arrest During Child Trauma Talk -
Video Of Andrew 'consoling' Eugenie Resurfaces After Release From Police Custody -
'Harry Potter' Alum Daniel Radcliffe Gushes About Unique Work Ethic Of Late Co Star Michael Gambon -
Japan: PM Takaichi Flags China ‘Coercion,’ Pledges Defence Security Overhaul -
Angorie Rice Spills The Beans On Major Details From Season 2 Of ' The Last Thing He Told Me' -
Questions Raised Over Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Line Of Succession -
'Shameless' Sarah Ferguson 'pressuring' Princess Eugenie, Beatrice For Major Reason -
Teacher Arrested After Confessing To Cocaine Use During Classes -
Paul McCartney Talks 'very Emotional' Footage Of Late Wife Linda In New Doc -
Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie's Response To Andrew's Arrest Revealed -
King Charles And Princess Anne Bestow Honours At Windsor Castle -
King Charles 'worried' As Buckingham Palace, Royal Family Facing 'biggest Crisis' -
Milo Ventimiglia Recalls First Meeting With Arielle Kebbel On The Sets Of 'Gilmore Girls' Amid New Project -
Eric Dane Infuriated After ALS Diagnosis As He Feared The Disease Would Take Him Away From His Girls -
It's A Boy! Luke Combs, Wife Nicole Welcome Third Child