close
Advertisement
Can't connect right now! retry

add The News to homescreen

tap to bring up your browser menu and select 'Add to homescreen' to pin the The News web app

Got it!

add The News to homescreen

tap to bring up your browser menu and select 'Add to homescreen' to pin the The News web app

Got it!
December 20, 2019

ISO standards support programs

Business

December 20, 2019

KARACHI: Under its Enhancing IT Exports through Industry Support Program, the Pakistan Software Export Board (PSEB) on Thursday launched an initiative to assist software companies in achieving ISO certification.

An official said PSEB was hiring the services of consultants and auditors to advise and audit IT companies on ISO 20000 and ISO 27001 Certification. “PSEB will bear 80 percent of the consultancy and audit costs, while the companies will bear the remaining 20 percent,” the official said.

The initiative would help companies obtain a greater share of the domestic as well as the global IT and ITeS market place. “Implementing this standard in the country’s IT industry would surely assist in the export business,” the official said.

ISO/IEC 20000 is the first international standard for IT service management. ISO/IEC 20000 reflects best practice guidance contained within the ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) framework.