AFC approves $300,000 grant for PFF
KARACHI: The Asian Football Confederation (AFC) on Tuesday sanctioned a grant of 300,000 US dollars for the rehabilitation and reconstruction of the PFF secretariat in Lahore which according to the federation has been badly damaged.
“The AFC sanctioned 300,000 US dollars on the request of the PFF for repair and reconstruction of the PFF House Lahore which had been badly damaged during three years of illegal occupation,” the PFF said in a press release on Tuesday.
The PFF said that the AFC would be sending its consultant within a week to assess the damage and initiate tender process.The PFF said the AFC has also approved an infrastructure project. “The AFC also approved another infrastructure project for the PFF within the current cycle,” it added.
However, a PFF told ‘The News’ that it was not a Goal Project and its details would soon be disclosed. “It’s not a Goal Project. Its details will be released soon,” the official said.The PFF president Faisal Saleh Hayat thanked the AFC President, its ExCo General Secretary and Member Associations department for their support to the PFF during the last three years.
The PFF claimed that the AFC President Sheikh Salman Bin Ebrahim Al Khalifa has expressed his unwavering support to the PFF in rebuilding football in Pakistan. The PFF further said that all the Exco members of the AFC have congratulated Faisal on regaining the possession of the PFF headquarters and accounts.
They have offered all out support to Pakistan for developing its football. Because of a conflict between two factions of PFF, Pakistan remained inactive in international football since April 2015.
After the Lahore High Court (LHC) division restored the PFF a few days ago and FIFA lifted its sanctions the PFF held its ExCo meeting at Lahore a few days ago and made some important decisions regarding resumption of football activities in the country which failed to even organise its Premier League for three consecutive years.
The PFF is going to hold National Football Challenge Cup at Karachi from April 20 in which all the teams of the Premier League and second-tier football will be given opportunity to showcase their talent.
The National Challenge Cup will be a source for picking boys, both under-23 and seniors, for forming national teams for featuring in the Asian Games and SAFF Cup.The Asian Games will be held in Indonesia from August 18 to September 2. The SAFF Cup will be conducted in Bangladesh from September 4-15.
-
Meghan Markle Will Leave Harry And Children In US To Visit Switzerland -
UK Backs Human Rights Plan To Curb Illegal Migration -
Joshua Fox's 'criminal Record' Used To Justify Chud The Builder's Actions -
UK Regulators Warn Firms To Limit Risks From Frontier AI Models -
Chud The Builder Held On $1.25M Bond, Joshua Fox's Wife Raises $60K On GoFundMe -
Super El Nino 2026: Why Forecasters Say It’s Just Around The Corner -
OnePlus Removed From Best Buy Stores In The US -
Martin Short And Meryl Streep Split After Family Tragedy -
Trump China State Dinner Food Draws Attention -
Wall Street Tumbles From Record Highs As AI Stocks Sink Globally: Here’s Why -
Dolly Parton 'desperately Missing' Reba McEntire During Health Struggles -
Trump Says China Has Agreed To Buy US Oil, Fox News Reports -
Henry McMaster Pushes New Congressional Map After Trump Pressure -
Ebola Returns To DR Congo, Africa CDC Confirms -
North America’s Busiest Commuter Rail System Faces Possible Shutdown -
New Hampshire Lawmakers Split Over Firearms On University Campuses