Schools to be rebuilt in Bara with Chinese assistance
BARA: A senior official of Khyber Agency said on Wednesday that the educational institutions destroyed in militancy would be reconstructed soon with the assistance of the Chinese government.
Talking to reporters here on Wednesday, Political Agent Khalid Mehmood said that more than 100 schools and colleges were destroyed by militants in one-and-a-half decade long militancy in the Khyber Agency.
He said the health sectors, business centres and other infrastructure were also destroyed in militancy and military operations in the area. "We have decided to reconstruct the destroyed schools with the help of the Chinese government, particularly in Khyber Agency," he said, adding that more schools had already been reconstructed after restoring peace in the Bara tehsil.
Khalid Mehmood said that 50 government schools, out of total 68, would be reconstructed in the first phase with the help of Chinese government. He said thousands of children were deprived of basic right of education. "All destroyed schools will need billions of rupees for rebuilding in Khyber Agency," he said, adding the government would also provide sports facilities to youngsters in the Khyber Agency. The official maintained that the NADRA offices and banks would be shifted to the Bara Bazar from other places soon.
-
Anthropic In Discussions Over Using Microsoft AI Chips, Says Report -
Why Airbnb Is Using Chinese AI Despite US Warnings? CEO Responds -
Rubio Confirms 'Pakistanis Will Travel To Iran' As Talks Show 'good Signs' -
King Charles Is Dead: UK Radio Station Apologizes For 'error' -
Prince William Corrected By Thousands After 'Turkey' Comment Goes Viral -
Bruce Springsteen Performs Anti-ICE Song On 'Late Show': Watch -
Microsoft AI CEO Predicts Lawyers, Accountants Among Jobs Most At Risk -
Kai Trump Reassures Mother Vanessa Trump After Cancer Diagnosis -
Jimmy Kimmel, Other Stars Rally Around Stephen Colbert As 'Late Show' Ends -
Beatrice, Eugenie Get Thrown Into Schizophrenic Relationship: ‘It's Confusing To Them!’ -
Meghan Markle Comes Under Fire For Trying To Make Money Off Of Prince Harry’s Gift -
Via Lemann: Kevin Spacey's Cannes Entry With Uzbek Model Raises Eyebrows -
Google Gemini Gets CapCut Integration For In-app Video Editing -
King Charles Shows Hidden Talent In Northern Ireland -
Drake Gets Dissed By Ex-friend Over 'fake Numbers' Jab -
Anti-monarchy Groups Comes In Guns Blazing: ‘Why Does The Government Give Royals What They Demand?’