FIFA lifts ban on Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: Federation International de Football Association (FIFA) has lifted ban on Pakistan with immediate effect, reinstating all the membership rights of Pakistan Football Federation (PFF).
In a letter addressed to the PFF secretary Ahmad Yar Lodhi, secretary General Tuesday FIFA Fatma Samoura confirmed that Pakistan membership has been restored with immediate effect as the country has met all the requirements that were obligatory.
“We have learnt that Lahore High Court has directed the court appointed administrator to hand over the control to PFF (genuinely elected officials) in terms of election 30-6-215. Secondly according to your letter (Dated March 6, 2018) the elected body of PFF has successfully taken over the control of PFF as a result the suspension of PFF is lifted with immediate effect. This means that all the PFF rights have been reinstated as defined in art 13 of FIFA Statutes. Consequently, PFF representatives and club teams are again entitled to take part in international competitions. This also means PFF members and officials may benefit from development programmes, courses and training from FIFA and Asian Football Confederation. All the FIFA member countries have been allowed to enter into sporting relations with Pakistan,” a letter from Fatma received by the PFF headquarters on Tuesday says.
In an exclusive interview with The News on March 6, PFF president Faisal Saleh Hayat hoped to get FIFA ban lifted within weeks. Beaming president PFF termed the ban lifting a big achievement for Pakistan football family. “Usually it takes months but I made sure that the FIFA lifts ban on Pakistan before going into their meeting in South America next week. I am thankful to Almighty Allah for this big achievement at the outset of our retaking PFF offices in Lahore,” Faisal Saleh Hayat said. He said he had promised The News last week to restore FIFA membership and succeeded in that. “I have kept up my promise. In couple of day time we would unveil all future plans and roadmap that would take us back to international competitions. It is a victory for entire football family,” Faisal Saleh Hayat said. FF President, Makhdoom Syed Faisal Saleh Hayat, in an exclusive message, has thanked Gianni Infantino, President FIFA and Shaikh Salman Bin Ebrahim Al Khalifa, AFC President, for their support. He said that this is a great victory for the football lovers, players, coaches and referees and the entire football family in Pakistan. This was the darkest period for Pakistan Football as due to the lust of the ruling party, there has been no football activity, Domestic or International, in Pakistan since last 3 years. It has brought the football growth to a standstill.
Players, coaches and referees are the ones who have suffered the most as their livelihood is dependent on football. I want to put a smile on their face now. I want them to get back on to the field and start playing as soon as possible.”
He further added, “We will take part in all AFC Competitions in 2018 that we are eligible to take part in. Also we will resume our national competitions as soon as possible. We have already formulated our activity calendar that we will be announcing very soon. Furthermore, I assure the entire football family, that this will best period for Pakistan Football”.
-
Tucker Carlson Says Passport Seized, Staff Member Questioned At Israel Airport -
Taylor Swift Made Sure Jodie Turner-Smith's Little Girl Had A Special Day On 'Opalite' Music Video Set -
Eric Dane Says Touching Goodbye To Daughters Billie And Georgia In New Netflix Documentary -
Channing Tatum Reveals What He Told Daughter After Violent Incident At School -
King Charles Lands In The Line Of Fire Because Of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor -
Denise Richards Doubles Down On Abuse Claims Against Ex Husband Aaron Phypers Amid Show Return -
Russia Set To Block Overseas Crypto Exchanges In Sweeping Crackdown -
Gwyneth Paltrow Reveals Deep Personal Connection With Kate Hudson -
Prince Harry, Meghan Markle’s Game Plan For Beatrice, Eugenie: ‘Extra Popcorn For This Disaster’ -
OpenAI To Rollout AI Powered Smart Speakers By 2027 -
Is Dakota Johnsons Dating Younger Pop Star After Breakup With Coldplay Frontman Chris Martin? -
Hilary Duff Tears Up Talking About Estranged Sister Haylie Duff -
US Supreme Court Strikes Down Trump’s Global Tariffs As 'unlawful' -
Kelly Clarkson Explains Decision To Quit 'The Kelly Clarkson Show' -
Inside Hilary Duff's Supportive Marriage With Husband Matthew Koma Amid New Album Release -
Daniel Radcliffe Admits To Being Self Conscious While Filming 'Harry Potter' In Late Teens