Wednesday August 17, 2022

Newlywed couple among 7 die in Murree gas leakage incidents

By our correspondents
February 13, 2018

MURREE: Seven persons, including three women and three children, have lost their lives in two separate incidents of gas leakage in Murree. A newly-wed couple, Shaukat Mehmood and his bride Tazeem Shafique, residents of Kashmiri Bazaar, were found dead in their bedroom due to gas leakage. Their Walima ceremony was to be held on Monday, but the unfortunate couple died on the very first day of marriage. In another incident, two women and three children reportedly died due to suffocation after gas leakage. The deceased included Aasia Bibi, Akbar Jan, 11-year-old Khansa Bibi, five-year-old Muhammad Daud and three-year-old Ammara Bibi. According to Rescue 1122 sources, all the deceased were shifted to THQ Hospital Murree and bodies were handed over to legal heirs after necessary legal requirements.