Preparation for national championship in Sukkur begins
By our correspondents
December 06, 2017
KARACHI: The PHF has started the preparation for the 64th national championship scheduled to be held in Sukkur from December 15-30. The national selection committee has been directed to pick the provincial teams to participate in the championship, ‘The News’ has learnt.
PHF’s director development and domestic Olympian Naveed Alam said that the selection committee headed by Hasan Sardar had been directed to choose the provincial teams in order to maintain high standard of hockey.
The committee would consult the provincial associations while selecting squads, he added. He said that one team each from all four provinces would participate in the championship. He said a combined team would also be selected to represent Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK), FATA, and Islamabad.
It is pertinent to mention here that the provincial teams used to face humiliating defeats against departments who had the services of the most talented players of the country. Alam said 20 to 22 teams were expected to participate in the championship, including new entrants Fauji Foundation, SSGC and ZTBL.
He said that it was the first time that the national championship was being organised in Sukkur. He said all modern-day facilities were available there, including a new turf, and floodlights. Alam said that the details of the championship, including the schedule and the names of technical officials and umpires, would be announced in a couple of days.
He said organising the national championship in Sukkur meant that the national game was not restricted to big cities. The Sindh government is also playing a major role in organising the national championship in Sukkur and will provide all possible facilities.
PHF’s director development and domestic Olympian Naveed Alam said that the selection committee headed by Hasan Sardar had been directed to choose the provincial teams in order to maintain high standard of hockey.
The committee would consult the provincial associations while selecting squads, he added. He said that one team each from all four provinces would participate in the championship. He said a combined team would also be selected to represent Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK), FATA, and Islamabad.
It is pertinent to mention here that the provincial teams used to face humiliating defeats against departments who had the services of the most talented players of the country. Alam said 20 to 22 teams were expected to participate in the championship, including new entrants Fauji Foundation, SSGC and ZTBL.
He said that it was the first time that the national championship was being organised in Sukkur. He said all modern-day facilities were available there, including a new turf, and floodlights. Alam said that the details of the championship, including the schedule and the names of technical officials and umpires, would be announced in a couple of days.
He said organising the national championship in Sukkur meant that the national game was not restricted to big cities. The Sindh government is also playing a major role in organising the national championship in Sukkur and will provide all possible facilities.
-
EU Rejects Any Rise In US Tariffs After Court Ruling, Says ‘a Deal Is A Deal’ -
King Charles Congratulates Team GB Over Winter Olympics Success -
Meryl Streep Comeback In 'Mamma Mia 3' On The Cards? Studio Head Shares Promising Update -
Woman Allegedly Used ChatGPT To Plan Murders Of Two Men, Police Say -
UK Seeks ‘best Possible Deal’ With US As Tariff Threat Looms -
Andrew Arrest Fallout: Princess Beatrice, Eugenie Face Demands Over Dropping Royal Titles -
Rebecca Gayheart Breaks Silence After Eric Dane's Death -
Kate Middleton 2026 BAFTA Dress Honours Queen Elizabeth Priceless Diamonds -
Sterling K. Brown's Wife Ryan Michelle Bathe Reveals Initial Hesitation Before Taking On New Role -
BAFTA Film Awards Winners: Complete List Of Winners -
Millie Bobby Brown On Her Desire To Have A Big Brood With Husband Jake Bongiovi -
Backstreet Boys Admit Aging Changed Everything Before Shows -
Biographer Exposes Aftermath Of Meghan Markle’s Emotional Breakdown -
Ryan Coogler Makes Rare Statements About His Impact On 'Black Cinema' -
Rising Energy Costs Put UK Manufacturing Competitiveness At Risk, Industry Groups Warn -
Kate Middleton Makes Glitzy Return To BAFTAs After Cancer Diagnosis