Chinese GP set to extend stay
SHANGHAI: A new deal to keep the Chinese Grand Prix in the Formula One calendar has been agreed in principle and will likely be sealed within weeks, a senior F1 official said Tuesday.
The sport, under ambitious new US-based owners, released its 2018 race schedule in June and Shanghai was only listed as provisional, along with Singapore.That prompted speculation that both races might be axed from the roster.But Sean Bratches, F1 managing director of commercial operations, told AFP in Shanghai: “We’ve been working hard with Juss Event, the promoter, and we’ve got an agreement in principle.
“My suspicion is that it will be executed by the end of next month, fully executed.”Bratches said that F1 chiefs released next year’s race schedule earlier than previously as part of efforts to make Formula One more fan- and sponsor-friendly.
“Next year the schedule will be released and there will be nothing provisional about Shanghai because we will have a long-term deal,” he added, following talks in the city that pushed the agreement along.The current deal for the Chinese Grand Prix is due to finish at the end of this year.The Shanghai International Circuit held its first race in 2004.
-
Rihanna 38th Birthday Detail Breaks The Internet, Featuring Unexpected Huge Item -
Liza Minnelli Recalls Rare Backstage Memory With Mum Judy Garland In New Memoir -
Armed Intruder Shot Dead At Trump's Mar-a-Lago Residence: US Secret Service -
Total Lunar Eclipse: What You Need To Know And Where To Watch -
Timothee Chalamet Admits To Being Inspired By Matthew McConaughey's Performance In 'Interstellar' -
'Determined' Savannah Guthrie Plans To Honour Her Mother Nancy With Major Move: 'It's Going To Be Emotional' -
Train's Pat Monahan Blows The Lid On 'emotional' Tale Attached To Hit Song 'Drops Of Jupiter' -
Kurt Russell Spills The Beans On His Plans For Milestone Birthday This Year: 'Looking Forward To It' -
PayPal Data Breach Exposed Sensitive User Data For Six-month Period; What You Need To Know -
Prince William Receives First Heartbreaking News After Andrew Arrest -
11-year-old Allegedly Kills Father Over Confiscated Nintendo Switch -
Jacob Elordi Talks About Filming Steamy Scenes With Margot Robbie In 'Wuthering Heights' -
Why Prince Harry Really Wants To Reconcile With King Charles, Prince William, Kate Middleton? -
'Grief Is Cruel': Kelly Osbourne Offers Glimpse Into Hidden Pain Over Rockstar Father Ozzy Death -
Timothée Chalamet Reveals Rare Impact Of Not Attending Acting School On Career -
Liza Minnelli Gets Candid About Her Struggles With Substance Abuse Post Death Of Mum Judy Garland