Gen Raheel reaches Riyadh to head IFA
Govt issues NOC; preparations start to send 5,000 Pakistanis to Saudi Arabia
ISLAMABAD: Former Chief of the Army Staff General (retd) Raheel Sharif reached Riyadh on Friday to head the Islamic Forces Alliance (IFA).
He was issued a No Objection Certificate (NOC) by the federal government to join as the head of the proposed Islamic Forces Alliance (IFA).
Minister for Defence Khawaja Asif, while talking to media here on Friday, confirmed the news and said the NOC in favour of Gen (retd) Raheel was issued a couple of days ago.
“The NOC was issued in his favour after complying with all the codal formalities,” he said.
Responding to a query, he said Gen (retd) Raheel had already left the country for Saudi Arabia to assume the charge as the chief of IFA.
According to reports, preparation for departure of 5,000 Pakistanis for Saudi Arabia has also started.
Gen Raheel served the Pakistan Army as Chief of the Army Staff till November 2016 and earned accolades especially for taking the country out of the grip of terrorism during his three-year term.
His contributions to make the Pakistan Army a battle hardened force would be remembered for a long time.
-
Daniel Radcliffe Admits To Being Self Conscious While Filming 'Harry Potter' In Late Teens -
Director Beth De Araujo Alludes To Andrew's Arrest During Child Trauma Talk -
Video Of Andrew 'consoling' Eugenie Resurfaces After Release From Police Custody -
'Harry Potter' Alum Daniel Radcliffe Gushes About Unique Work Ethic Of Late Co Star Michael Gambon -
Japan: PM Takaichi Flags China ‘Coercion,’ Pledges Defence Security Overhaul -
Angorie Rice Spills The Beans On Major Details From Season 2 Of ' The Last Thing He Told Me' -
Questions Raised Over Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Line Of Succession -
'Shameless' Sarah Ferguson 'pressuring' Princess Eugenie, Beatrice For Major Reason -
Teacher Arrested After Confessing To Cocaine Use During Classes -
Paul McCartney Talks 'very Emotional' Footage Of Late Wife Linda In New Doc -
Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie's Response To Andrew's Arrest Revealed -
King Charles And Princess Anne Bestow Honours At Windsor Castle -
King Charles 'worried' As Buckingham Palace, Royal Family Facing 'biggest Crisis' -
Milo Ventimiglia Recalls First Meeting With Arielle Kebbel On The Sets Of 'Gilmore Girls' Amid New Project -
Eric Dane Infuriated After ALS Diagnosis As He Feared The Disease Would Take Him Away From His Girls -
It's A Boy! Luke Combs, Wife Nicole Welcome Third Child