SHC orders protection for Hindu temple in Sujawal
The Sindh High Court has directed the Sujawal district’s deputy commissioner and police officials to protect the Hindu community’s 160-year-old place of worship and take action against land grabbers in the district.
Hearing a petition, a division bench headed by Justice Nadeem Akhtar directed the deputy commissioner to take action against three men who had allegedly encroached upon the temple’s land.
The petitioner, Ashwar Kumar, had moved the court against the unlawful occupation of the Shewalo Mandir and disallowing worshipers’ entry into their place of worship by the land grabbers.
He submitted that the temple, survey No. 95, was located in Union Council Chohar Jamali. He alleged that Sattar, Pappu and Malo had recently illegally occupied the temple’s premises and were not allowing worshippers to perform their religious rituals.
He said complaints had been filed with the Mukhtiarkar of Shahbandar, the SHO of Chohar Jamali Police Station and other authorities, but no action was being taken to remedy the situation. He said the deputy commissioner too had not yet taken any action on his application. He requested the court to order the authorities to take action against the culprits and to ensure free access of worshipers to the place.
During the previous hearing, the court had summoned Shahbandar Mukhtiarkar Abdul Rasheed and SHO Sub-Inspector Mushtaq Ahmed. They appeared before the court and gave an undertaking that they would provide full protection to the petitioner and protect the temple.
Rasheed pointed out that the petitioner’s complaint was pending before the deputy commissioner, who also undertook to take action in accordance with the law. The judges directed them to ensure security for the worshipers and the temple. They also directed the deputy commission to file a compliance report, failing which he would have to appear in person. The next hearing is on April 7.
-
Paul McCartney Talks 'very Emotional' Footage Of Late Wife Linda In New Doc -
Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie's Response To Andrew's Arrest Revealed -
King Charles And Princess Anne Bestow Honours At Windsor Castle -
King Charles 'worried' As Buckingham Palace, Royal Family Facing 'biggest Crisis' -
Milo Ventimiglia Recalls First Meeting With Arielle Kebbel On The Sets Of 'Gilmore Girls' Amid New Project -
Eric Dane Infuriated After ALS Diagnosis As He Feared The Disease Would Take Him Away From His Girls -
It's A Boy! Luke Combs, Wife Nicole Welcome Third Child -
Leading Astrophysicist Shot Dead At Southern California Home -
Johnny Depp's Kind Gesture Towards Late 'Grey's Anatomy' Actor Eric Dane Before Death Laid Bare -
How Princess Eugenie, Beatrice React To Andrew Arrest? -
Kylie Jenner 'convinced' Gwyneth Paltrow Is 'crushing' On Timothee Chalamet: 'It's Disrespectful' -
Gemma Chan Reflects On 'difficult Subject Matter' Portrayed In 'Josephine' -
Blood Falls In Antarctica? What Causes The Mysterious Red Waterfall Hidden In Ice -
AI Power Play: Nvidia Moves To Invest $30 Billion In OpenAI -
Will Savannah Guthrie Ever Return To 'Today' Show? Here's What Insiders Predict -
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor In A Fix Over New Disturbing TMZ Photos