close
Advertisement
Can't connect right now! retry

add The News to homescreen

tap to bring up your browser menu and select 'Add to homescreen' to pin the The News web app

Got it!

add The News to homescreen

tap to bring up your browser menu and select 'Add to homescreen' to pin the The News web app

Got it!
 
November 21, 2016

Qatar warns of legal action over 2017 World C’ship claims

Sports

 
November 21, 2016

DOHA: The Qatar Athletics Federation said on Sunday it was considering legal action following newspaper claims it paid nearly $3.5 million to a company headed by the son of disgraced former IAAF president Lamine Diack.

In a statement, the QAF added it had “no knowledge or involvement” of the money allegedly paid out by Oryx Qatar Sport Investments to Papa Massata Diack´s Pamodzi Sports Consulting company.

The allegations were made earlier this month in French newspaper Le Monde.

“With regards to Le Monde´s article regarding wire transfers from Oryx Qatar Sport Investments to Pamodzi Sports Consulting, the QAF can confirm that they have no relationship with Oryx Qatar Sport Investments and no knowledge or involvement of the wire transfers to the named party or individual,” said the federation in Sunday´s statement.

“The QAF upholds the highest standards of ethics and we followed the IAAF´s rules at every stage of our 2017 and 2019 bids to host the IAAF World Championships in Athletics. We are very disappointed to be named in these allegations.”

Topstory minus plus

Opinion minus plus

Newspost minus plus

Editorial minus plus

National minus plus

World minus plus

Sports minus plus

Business minus plus

Karachi minus plus

Lahore minus plus

Islamabad minus plus

Peshawar minus plus