McClaren resigns after Jamaica miss out on World Cup
KINGSTON, Jamaica: Jamaica coach Steve McClaren resigned on Tuesday after the Reggae Boyz failed to secure automatic qualification for the 2026 World Cup.
McClaren, who took over as Jamaica boss in July last year, announced his decision shortly after his team were held to a 0-0 draw by Curacao in their final qualifier. Jamaica needed to win the game at Kingston’s National Stadium to qualify for the World Cup, but instead could only watch as tiny Curacao held on to advance to the tournament instead.
It was another bitter qualification flop for McClaren, who also famously failed to take a star-studded England team to the 2008 European Championship. “I have given everything I have to this job, to this role,” McClaren said in a statement at the start of Tuesday’s post-game press conference.
-
Kate Middleton Knew Should Could Not Be ‘voice Of Reason’ With Prince Harry -
Rihanna Has Wardrobe Malfunction At A$AP Rocky Fashion Show -
Prince Harry Felt System Had ‘one Rule For Him, One For Prince William’ -
Jake Paul's Fiancée Sends Him Over The Moon Over Stunning Victory -
Why Prince William, Kate Middleton 'partnership' Is Important For Monarchy -
Katie Price Drama Escalates As Family Stays In Touch With Ex JJ Slater -
Critics Target Palace Narrative After Andrew's Controversy Refuses To Die -
Sarah Ferguson’s Delusions Take A Turn For The Worse: ‘She’s Been Deserted’ -
ICE Agents 'fake Car Trouble' To Arrest Minnesota Man, Family Says -
Camila Mendes Reveals How She Prepared For Her Role In 'Idiotka' -
China Confirms Visa-free Travel For UK, Canada Nationals -
Inside Sarah Ferguson, Andrew Windsor's Emotional Collapse After Epstein Fallout -
Bad Bunny's Star Power Explodes Tourism Searches For His Hometown -
Jennifer Aniston Gives Peek Into Love Life With Cryptic Snap Of Jim Curtis -
Prince Harry Turns Diana Into Content: ‘It Would Have Appalled Her To Be Repackaged For Profit’ -
Prince William's Love For His Three Children Revealed During Family Crisis