MWM finalises arrangements for Arbaeen caravan to Iran amid land travel ban
An important meeting of the Majlis Wahdat-e-Muslimeen’s (MWM) provincial and divisional leaders was held on Tuesday under the leadership of Sindh President Allama Baqar Zaidi and Allama Sadiq Jaffri. The session was also attended by Sindh Pilgrims Association and caravan leaders.
The meeting finalised arrangements for the caravan of pilgrims that will set off on Wednesday (today) from Karachi to the Rimdan (Pakistan-Iran border crossing) border under the leadership of MWM central chief Allama Raja Nasir Abbas Jafri, in protest against the federal government’s ban on pilgrims travelling by land for the Arbaeen pilgrimage.
Addressing the participants, Allama Baqar Abbas Zaidi said the federal government had been taking negative steps against pilgrims and mourners of Imam Hussain (RA). “We will never accept any restriction on our religious freedom and constitutional rights. Conspiracies are being hatched against Azadari (mourning rituals) and its followers, which we strongly condemn on a daily basis,” he said.
He noted that in most parts of the country, especially Punjab, Majalis and mourning processions had been unjustly restricted, false cases were being registered against mourners, and their names were being placed on the Fourth Schedule.
Allama Zaidi declared that the peaceful Hussaini caravan from Karachi’s Imambargah Shuhada-e-Karbala Ancholi to the Rimdan border, under the leadership of Allama Raja Nasir Abbas Jafri, would not tolerate any hindrance. “Visiting the holy shrines is our legal and constitutional right, and we will not back down an inch from it,” he affirmed.
-
Hailey Bieber's Subtle Gesture For Eric Dane’s Family Revealed -
Moment Prince William 'broke Down' And 'apologised' To Kate Middleton -
Paul Mescal And Gracie Abrams Stun Fans, Making Their Romance Public At 2026 BAFTA -
EU Rejects Any Rise In US Tariffs After Court Ruling, Says ‘a Deal Is A Deal’ -
King Charles Congratulates Team GB Over Winter Olympics Success -
Meryl Streep Comeback In 'Mamma Mia 3' On The Cards? Studio Head Shares Promising Update -
Woman Allegedly Used ChatGPT To Plan Murders Of Two Men, Police Say -
UK Seeks ‘best Possible Deal’ With US As Tariff Threat Looms -
Andrew Arrest Fallout: Princess Beatrice, Eugenie Face Demands Over Dropping Royal Titles -
Rebecca Gayheart Breaks Silence After Eric Dane's Death -
Kate Middleton 2026 BAFTA Dress Honours Queen Elizabeth Priceless Diamonds -
Sterling K. Brown's Wife Ryan Michelle Bathe Reveals Initial Hesitation Before Taking On New Role -
BAFTA Film Awards Winners: Complete List Of Winners -
Millie Bobby Brown On Her Desire To Have A Big Brood With Husband Jake Bongiovi -
Backstreet Boys Admit Aging Changed Everything Before Shows -
Biographer Exposes Aftermath Of Meghan Markle’s Emotional Breakdown