Farmers threaten to stop wheat sowing if support price not announced
“Advisers of Punjab CM use to insult farmers all the time while farmers are the guarantors of food security,” says Mahmood Khokar
MULTAN: The Pakistan Kissan Ittehad (PKI) said on Sunday that the farmers will stop wheat sowing from next year if the government did not announce appropriate support price for the crop.
Addressing a press conference here, Pakistan Kissan Ittehad Central President Khalid Mahmood Khokar said the farmers had been mocked by announcing a Rs15 billion package.
“Punjab Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz has not even met any representative of the farmers who suffered losses of trillions of rupees due to climate change.”
He appealed to Chief of Army Staff Gen Asim Munir to save the farmers from the prevailing situation. “If the farmers do not get the right rate for the crop, the loss will not be that of the farmers alone but of the 250 million people of the country.” The Pakistan Kissan Ittehad leader further said the farmers worked every day to grow more wheat as per Maryam Nawaz’s request but no facility was provided to them.
“The advisers of the Punjab chief minister use to insult farmers all the time while the farmers are the guarantors of food security. We want the rate for our crops. We do not want charity from the chief minister, but the right to earn our livelihood,” he said. “The support price of wheat has been abolished in the country, while wheat happens to be the fuel for all crops.
The farmers have been paying taxes and growing grains but bearing losses. Due to the lack of subsidy, the farmers have been forced to stop agriculture activities because neither the Prime Minister nor the Punjab chief minister paying any attention to solve the problems of the farmers. In such a situation the farmers will not grow wheat anymore,” Khokar added.
The Pakistan Kissan Ittehad leader further said if the government did not provide benefits to the farmers, then at least pay the real price of their crop.
“If farmers are continued to be subjected to injustice we will announce our next course of action in a couple of days and will be forced to take to the streets along with our children,” he warned.
-
Eric Dane Says Touching Goodbye To Daughters Billie And Georgia In New Netflix Documentary -
Channing Tatum Reveals What He Told Daughter After Violent Incident At School -
King Charles Lands In The Line Of Fire Because Of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor -
Denise Richards Doubles Down On Abuse Claims Against Ex Husband Aaron Phypers Amid Show Return -
Russia Set To Block Overseas Crypto Exchanges In Sweeping Crackdown -
Gwyneth Paltrow Reveals Deep Personal Connection With Kate Hudson -
Prince Harry, Meghan Markle’s Game Plan For Beatrice, Eugenie: ‘Extra Popcorn For This Disaster’ -
OpenAI To Rollout AI Powered Smart Speakers By 2027 -
Is Dakota Johnsons Dating Younger Pop Star After Breakup With Coldplay Frontman Chris Martin? -
Hilary Duff Tears Up Talking About Estranged Sister Haylie Duff -
US Supreme Court Strikes Down Trump’s Global Tariffs As 'unlawful' -
Kelly Clarkson Explains Decision To Quit 'The Kelly Clarkson Show' -
Inside Hilary Duff's Supportive Marriage With Husband Matthew Koma Amid New Album Release -
Daniel Radcliffe Admits To Being Self Conscious While Filming 'Harry Potter' In Late Teens -
Director Beth De Araujo Alludes To Andrew's Arrest During Child Trauma Talk -
Video Of Andrew 'consoling' Eugenie Resurfaces After Release From Police Custody