Govt facilitating investors in harnessing Sindh’s wind, solar power potential, PA told
The Sindh Assembly was informed on Wednesday that the provincial government had been trying its best to facilitate the private sector to invest to harness to the maximum possible extent the wind and solar energy potential of the province to ensure the availability of electricity at cheap rates to the residents of Karachi and other parts of Sindh.
This was stated by Sindh Energy and Planning & Development Minister Syed Nasir Hussain Shah while responding to queries from legislators during the question hour of the session. He said that four solar parks would be built in Karachi under the public-private partnership initiative.
He said that solar-wind hybrid renewable energy plants would be built in the wind corridor of Sindh whose electricity would be supplied to the industrial consumers in urban areas through wheeling arrangements with active involvement of the private sector.
Shah told the legislators that power generation plants based on Thar coal were being established in Sindh. He said that Thar had massive energy resources for the entire country. He said that so far only China was willing to invest to harness the Thar coal potential for power generation for the entire country, whereas Western countries were not available for this investment.
He said the chief minister and a few provincial ministers, including himself, would accompany President Asif Ali Zardari on his upcoming visit to China, where several bilateral agreements would be signed.
He said those accompanying President Zardari on the upcoming visit to China would bear their own travel expenses.
Meanwhile, the energy minister told the house that the provincial government had taken cognisance of the troubled law and order situation in District Sanghar. He said the inspector-general of police and the home minister were aware of the law and order situation in Sanghar.
He said the Sindh government of the Pakistan Peoples Party stood with the oppressed people in the district. A lawmaker from the Muttahida Qaumi Movement- Pakistan, Sabir Qaimkhani, while speaking on a point of order, said that three persons had lost their lives while 23 other people were injured in a recent firing incident in Sanghar.
He said the aggrieved residents of Sanghar had been protesting demanding the lodging of a criminal case against the culprits. He said the concerned people had been staging a protest along with the dead bodies. He assured the house that justice would be served in this case.
-
Timothee Chalamet Admits To Being Inspired By Matthew McConaughey's Performance In 'Interstellar' -
'Determined' Savannah Guthrie Plans To Honour Her Mother Nancy With Major Move: 'It's Going To Be Emotional' -
Train's Pat Monahan Blows The Lid On 'emotional' Tale Attached To Hit Song 'Drops Of Jupiter' -
Kurt Russell Spills The Beans On His Plans For Milestone Birthday This Year: 'Looking Forward To It' -
PayPal Data Breach Exposed Sensitive User Data For Six-month Period; What You Need To Know -
Prince William Receives First Heartbreaking News After Andrew Arrest -
11-year-old Allegedly Kills Father Over Confiscated Nintendo Switch -
Jacob Elordi Talks About Filming Steamy Scenes With Margot Robbie In 'Wuthering Heights' -
Why Prince Harry Really Wants To Reconcile With King Charles, Prince William, Kate Middleton? -
'Grief Is Cruel': Kelly Osbourne Offers Glimpse Into Hidden Pain Over Rockstar Father Ozzy Death -
Timothée Chalamet Reveals Rare Impact Of Not Attending Acting School On Career -
Liza Minnelli Gets Candid About Her Struggles With Substance Abuse Post Death Of Mum Judy Garland -
'Saturday Night Live' Star Will Forte Reveals How He Feels About Returning To The Show After 2010 Exit -
Police Officer Arrested Over Alleged Assault Hours After Oath-taking -
Maxwell Seeks To Block Further Release Of Epstein Files, Calls Law ‘unconstitutional’ -
Prince William Issues 'ultimatum' To Queen Camilla As Monarchy Is In 'delicate Phase'