BBC pulls Christmas cooking show amid harassment claims
LONDON: The BBC said on Tuesday it will cancel two special Christmas shows of popular cooking programme “MasterChef” after allegations of inappropriate sexual behaviour were made against one of its presenters.
But the last three shows of the current already-recorded season of “MasterChef: The Professionals” would air as planned this week to showcase the competition final.
“The celebrity Christmas specials are obviously a different type of show and in the current circumstances we have decided not to broadcast them,” a BBC spokesman said.
But they added the “life-changing” competition in which professional chefs pit their culinary skills against each other in the battle for the coveted MasterChef trophy would “continue as planned”.
The British broadcaster has come under increasing pressure since allegations emerged against presenter Gregg Wallace.
Wallace has denied making “inappropriate” sexual jokes and comments after more than a dozen people came forward last week with allegations spanning a 17-year period.
The production company behind “MasterChef”, a decades-old show whose branded format is now produced in more than 50 countries, has said it is probing the claims.
-
Olivia Rodrigo Opens Up About Major Problem While Touring: ‘I Was Freaking Out’ -
Google Redesigns 4,000 Emojis With 3D Look For Android 17 -
Belfast’s Green Push Grows With 300,000 Trees, New Community Orchards -
Hayden Panettiere Opens Up About Past Relationship With Milo Ventimiglia: 'I Lived So Much Life' -
Palace Shares Major Update On Queen's Health -
Tragedy In Western Australia: Man Dies After Shark Bite Off The Coast Of Perth -
'Sonic 4' Gets Exciting Filming Update Ahead Of 2027 Release -
President Donald Trump Under Fire After Admitting ‘America Is Nation In Decline’ -
David Burke Iconic ‘Sherlock Holmes’ Star Breathed His Last At 91 -
Meghan Markle, Kris Jenner Friendship Back On Track: Duchess Is 'thrilled' -
OpenAI Rolls Out ChatGPT Finance Tools With Account Linking -
America’s Largest Commuter Railroad Suffers Major Strike: What Passengers Need To Know -
Stephon Castle Leaves His Mark On NBA History Books As Spurs Reach West Finals -
U.S. President Donald Trump Reveals What Happened To Abu-Bilal Al-Minuki -
King Charles Issued Stark Warning Over 'serious Mistake', Prince William Likely To Follow Father's Footsteps -
Why Trump Wants Chipmakers To Move Manufacturing Back To US After Xi Summit