Manufacturing of orange trains starts, says Kh Hassan
LAHORE
A Chinese contractor has started manufacturing trains for Lahore Orange Line Metro Train Project while the on ground civil works are also being carried out with full speed by the local companies.
This was revealed by Kh Ahmad Hassan, chairman of the steering committee for Lahore Orange Line Metro Train Project, while addressing the PML-N presidents and general secretaries of provincial constituencies of Lahore on Wednesday. Kh Ahmad Hassan said first mobilisation advance had been paid to the Chinese contractor who started manufacturing a total of 27 trains for this system. Latest technology will be employed for fabricating these trains and the rolling-stock will be fully computerised, automatic and driverless. He each train will comprise of five cars and every car will have the capacity for carrying 200 passengers. Each train will give ride to one thousand commuters at a time. A total of 27 thousand travellers will travel through the 27 trains during one operation, he added. Maximum speed of the train will be 80-km per hour and to end 27-kilometre-long journey from Ali Town Raiwind Road to Dera Gujran will be covered in just 45 minutes. Initially more than 250,000 passengers will daily benefit from this train and the figure will rise up to 500.000 within three years after the start of train’s operation, he said. Separate seats, with dissimilar colours
will also be provided for special persons in these cars of Lahore Orange Line Metro Train, he added.
Construction work has been stopped at certain points due to restraining order, however, it was in full swing at other places as per schedule and will be completed in time, he maintained. He informed that pre-cast U-tub used in construction of metro track has been prepared and was being tested for load these days. This will help in further expediting the construction work.
Kh Ahmad Hassan observed that provision of first tranche of loan amounting to more than Rs 33 for the project by the EXIM Bank of China, despite speculations and propaganda, was the result of sincere efforts of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif. It was also the manifestation of the confidence of the Chinese government in the leadership of these leaders, he maintained.
He observed that opponents of this project did not want welfare of the masses and wanted to hamper this project by creating uncertainty. Provision of such a huge amount from China was disappointing for these elements. He urged them not to make this project controversial as it aimed at the welfare of the masses.
Earlier, participants of the meeting offered Fateha for the departed souls of seven labourers who lost their lives day before yesterday when a wall caved in on the camp where they had been residing.
-
Giant Tortoise Reintroduced To Island After Almost 200 Years -
Eric Dane Drops Raw Confession For Rebecca Gayheart In Final Interview -
Trump Announces New 10% Global Tariff After Supreme Court Setback -
Influencer Dies Days After Plastic Surgery: Are Cosmetic Procedures Really Safe? -
Eric Dane Confesses Heartbreaking Regret About Daughters' Weddings Before Death -
Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi Reveals Stage 1 Cervical Cancer Diagnosis -
Hilary Duff’s Son Roasts Her Outfit In New Album Interview -
Alexandra Daddario, Andrew Form Part Ways After 3 Years Of Marriage -
Eric Dane Rejected Sex Symbol Label -
Avan Jogia Says Life With Fiancee Halsey Feels Like 'coming Home' -
Kate Middleton's Role In Handling Prince William And Harry Feud Revealed -
Tucker Carlson Says Passport Seized, Staff Member Questioned At Israel Airport -
David, Victoria Beckham Gushes Over 'fiercely Loyal' Son Cruz On Special Day -
Taylor Swift Made Sure Jodie Turner-Smith's Little Girl Had A Special Day On 'Opalite' Music Video Set -
Eric Dane Says Touching Goodbye To Daughters Billie And Georgia In New Netflix Documentary -
Channing Tatum Reveals What He Told Daughter After Violent Incident At School