Survey of Jalalabad-Peshawar railway track to start soon
PESHAWAR: The survey of Jalalabad-Peshawar railway track would soon be launched, the Afghan Ministry of Public Works said on Wednesday.
According to a press release, Advisor to Afghan Ministry of Public Works Masood Amin and the officials of company conducting the survey, Syed Mukhtar and Wahidullah Oryakhel, held a meeting with Nangarhar Governor Salim Khan Kunduzi to review the progress on the project.
Masood Amin briefed the Afghan governor about the project. “The survey will be conducted for the installation of railway track from Jalalabad city to Peshawar,” he said, adding that installation of the railway track would start after the survey was carried out.
Speaking on the occasion, the Nangarhar governor directed the relevant authorities to cooperate with the company undertaking the survey.The private firm has been engaged to conduct the survey. The head of the company in Afghanistan, Wahidullah Oryakhel said the railway track would be 150 kilometers long.
He said that 75 kilometers of the track would be installed in Nangarhar. He added that Rs60 million had been allocated for the survey to be conducted in eight months.It may be mentioned that Pakistan is providing financial assistance for the project that will link Peshawar with Nangarhar.
-
PayPal Data Breach Exposed Sensitive User Data For Six-month Period; What You Need To Know -
Prince William Receives First Heartbreaking News After Andrew Arrest -
11-year-old Allegedly Kills Father Over Confiscated Nintendo Switch -
Jacob Elordi Talks About Filming Steamy Scenes With Margot Robbie In 'Wuthering Heights' -
Why Prince Harry Really Wants To Reconcile With King Charles, Prince William, Kate Middleton? -
'Grief Is Cruel': Kelly Osbourne Offers Glimpse Into Hidden Pain Over Rockstar Father Ozzy Death -
Timothée Chalamet Reveals Rare Impact Of Not Attending Acting School On Career -
Liza Minnelli Gets Candid About Her Struggles With Substance Abuse Post Death Of Mum Judy Garland -
'Saturday Night Live' Star Will Forte Reveals How He Feels About Returning To The Show After 2010 Exit -
Police Officer Arrested Over Alleged Assault Hours After Oath-taking -
Maxwell Seeks To Block Further Release Of Epstein Files, Calls Law ‘unconstitutional’ -
Prince William Issues 'ultimatum' To Queen Camilla As Monarchy Is In 'delicate Phase' -
Winter Olympics 2026: Remembering The Most Unforgettable, Heartwarming Stories -
King Charles Hands All Of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s Records And Files To Police: Report -
Eric Dane's Family Shares Heartbreaking Statement After His Death -
Samsung Brings Perplexity AI To Galaxy S26 With ‘Hey Plex’ Voice Command