SPSC cancels all exams for teaching posts over test paper leak
The Sindh Public Service Commission (SPSC) has cancelled all examinations for the post of Grade-16 Secondary School (SST) teachers after a paper was found leaked on Tuesday.
According to the SPSC secretary, the commission has unanimously decided to cancel all the papers of the SST in general and science category, whether already held or to be held from February 16 to February 26, 2024.
This announcement preceded the cancellation of the February 20 exam for male SST teaching posts in general category soon after the question paper was found leaked and circulating on social media before the test began.
Following the cancellation of the exam, a protest by the SST aspirants were observed in parts of the province, including Karachi, demanding a fair inquiry into the test paper leak.
Afterwards, the SPSC issued a statement reading that the commission believed in transparency and no tolerance would be shown to the perpetrators. In the meantime, the SPSC immediately suspended its eight officials, including Assistant Controller Exam-I Zainal Alam, Senior Computer Operator Sajjad Ahmed Chawli, Senior Computer Operator Ahsan Zaheer Abro, Qasid Khan Mohammad Shah, Naib Qasid Akbar Ali Dahiri, Naib Qasid Syed Shahzeb Jafri, Naib Qasid Shahzaib Abro, Naib Qasid Aziz Ahmed.
However, the SPSC did not mention if these suspensions were linked to the test paper leaking scandal. Though, it did add that the charge sheet against these officers would be issued separately.
The commission said that the paper leaking matter had been referred to the police department for conducting a thorough probe and lodging an FIR against the alleged SPSC officers or private persons involved in this scam.
The commission said that the pre-interview written test of head master/head mistress (BS-17), College Education Department, and assistant (BS-16), Enquiries and Anti-Corruption Establishment, will be conducted on February 27 and 28 as per schedule. It said that the cancelled exams for the SST posts would re-conducted in April.
-
King Charles Leaning On ‘incredible Diplomat’ To Sort Family Issues -
'Power Ballad' Actor Paul Rudd Gushes Over Co-star Nick Jonas -
Anna Delvey Writing New Book Amid Ongoing Immigration Battle -
Harry Styles Receives Shocking Warning Over Zoe Kravitz Romance -
Mark Zuckerberg Reassures Employees, Says 'no Further Company-wide Layoffs' Expected This Year -
Netflix Drops Michael Jackson Docuseries Trailer As Biopic In Theatres: 'They Timed This One' -
Sheryl Crow Recalls Painful Breakup With Lance Armstrong Amid Cancer Treatment -
Mercury Reaches $5.2 Billion Valuation On AI Startup Push -
'The Boys' Creator Defends Series Amid Backlash: 'No TV Show Is Perfect' -
UK's NCA Issues Statement After £7m Cocaine Found In Kim Kardashian Brand Shipment -
Trump Mobile Accused Of Leaking Customers Data -
Ed Kelce Dragged Into Controversy Ahead Of Taylor Swift And Travis Kelce Wedding -
UK Parliamentary Election Set For June 18 As Major Leadership Change Looms -
'Godfather' Star Andy Garcia Explains His Motivation Behind Long-delayed, New Project 'Diamond' -
King Charles Makes Emotional Visit To Newcastle Community Heroes -
Blake Lively And Ryan Reynolds Reported To Owe Millions