Indian troop deployment plan leaked to ISI within hours
Pakistan Army pre-empted Indian Army’s moves
By our correspondents
March 04, 2015
RAWALPINDI: Shocking revelations have exposed the frail security set-up in the South Block, housing the defence ministry from where an Indian Army deployment plan was leaked to Pakistan’s ISI in February last year.
Aaj Tak has revealed that details of a meeting between then defence minister AK Antony and then army chief General Bikram Singh on troop movement in Rajasthan and Jammu and Kashmir borders reached the Pakistan Army, which accordingly countered the Indian plan, stated an article published in the Daily Mail.
The meeting between Antony and Bikram Singh took place on February 15, 2014, at 11am, lasting an hour.After the meeting, the army chief briefed then Director General Military Operation (DGMO) Lieutenant General Vinod Bhatia about the redeployment plan.
It was noticed that within a few hours, the Pakistan Army had begun redeploying its troops to counter the Indian plan. Alarm bells started ringing in the Indian Army about the shocking “leak”. The Army chief immediately informed the defence minister, who then briefed the then prime minister Manmohan Singh.
A meeting of the army top brass was later held with Manmohan Singh, who visited the DGMO war room. The army managed to identify the “mole”, who was a senior officer who had leaked the operational details to ISI. He was court-martialled.
As a follow-up step, the security of the entire South Block was beefed up with the installation of CCTV cameras.Then DGMO Lt. Gen. (R) Vinod Bhatia said: “The leak did happen… there is always an insider hand.”
But Antony chose not to give details. “I do not comment…I don’t want to say anything now.”
Former army chief General Bikram Singh also preferred not to talk about the incident. “I retired a year ago, check with the army headquarters,” he said.
Asked if the minutes between the then defence minister and the army chief in February 2014 were leaked, the then DGMO Bhatia said: “No security system is foolproof. A leak did happen, how it happened is a different matter, but I can assure you whenever this kind of leak happens, we do re-check our security system and make it foolproof. Whatever happened that time, shouldn’t have happened. We will ensure this doesn’t happen again.”
When asked if there was a lapse and whether it was an insider job, he replied: “There is an old saying ‘ghar ka bhedi lanka dhaye’. There is always insider hand, why does he do it? How does he do it? Whom does he do it for? Important thing is it’s an insider job. I cannot reveal the steps taken publicly, but steps were taken. It is almost a year, but whenever information is leaked, the system will be corrected.”
Aaj Tak has revealed that details of a meeting between then defence minister AK Antony and then army chief General Bikram Singh on troop movement in Rajasthan and Jammu and Kashmir borders reached the Pakistan Army, which accordingly countered the Indian plan, stated an article published in the Daily Mail.
The meeting between Antony and Bikram Singh took place on February 15, 2014, at 11am, lasting an hour.After the meeting, the army chief briefed then Director General Military Operation (DGMO) Lieutenant General Vinod Bhatia about the redeployment plan.
It was noticed that within a few hours, the Pakistan Army had begun redeploying its troops to counter the Indian plan. Alarm bells started ringing in the Indian Army about the shocking “leak”. The Army chief immediately informed the defence minister, who then briefed the then prime minister Manmohan Singh.
A meeting of the army top brass was later held with Manmohan Singh, who visited the DGMO war room. The army managed to identify the “mole”, who was a senior officer who had leaked the operational details to ISI. He was court-martialled.
As a follow-up step, the security of the entire South Block was beefed up with the installation of CCTV cameras.Then DGMO Lt. Gen. (R) Vinod Bhatia said: “The leak did happen… there is always an insider hand.”
But Antony chose not to give details. “I do not comment…I don’t want to say anything now.”
Former army chief General Bikram Singh also preferred not to talk about the incident. “I retired a year ago, check with the army headquarters,” he said.
Asked if the minutes between the then defence minister and the army chief in February 2014 were leaked, the then DGMO Bhatia said: “No security system is foolproof. A leak did happen, how it happened is a different matter, but I can assure you whenever this kind of leak happens, we do re-check our security system and make it foolproof. Whatever happened that time, shouldn’t have happened. We will ensure this doesn’t happen again.”
When asked if there was a lapse and whether it was an insider job, he replied: “There is an old saying ‘ghar ka bhedi lanka dhaye’. There is always insider hand, why does he do it? How does he do it? Whom does he do it for? Important thing is it’s an insider job. I cannot reveal the steps taken publicly, but steps were taken. It is almost a year, but whenever information is leaked, the system will be corrected.”
-
Apple Sued Over 'child Sexual Abuse' Material Stored Or Shared On ICloud -
Nancy Guthrie Kidnapped With 'blessings' Of Drug Cartels -
Hailey Bieber Reveals Justin Bieber's Hit Song Baby Jack Is Already Singing -
Emily Ratajkowski Appears To Confirm Romance With Dua Lipa's Ex Romain Gavras -
Leighton Meester Breaks Silence On Viral Ariana Grande Interaction On Critics Choice Awards -
Heavy Snowfall Disrupts Operations At Germany's Largest Airport -
Andrew Mountbatten Windsor Released Hours After Police Arrest -
Heidi Klum Eyes Spooky Season Anthem With Diplo After Being Dubbed 'Queen Of Halloween' -
King Charles Is In ‘unchartered Waters’ As Andrew Takes Family Down -
Why Prince Harry, Meghan 'immensely' Feel 'relieved' Amid Andrew's Arrest? -
Jennifer Aniston’s Boyfriend Jim Curtis Hints At Tensions At Home, Reveals Rules To Survive Fights -
Shamed Andrew ‘dismissive’ Act Towards Royal Butler Exposed -
Hailey Bieber Shares How She Protects Her Mental Health While Facing Endless Criticism -
Queen Elizabeth II Saw ‘qualities Of Future Queen’ In Kate Middleton -
Amanda Seyfried Shares Hilarious Reaction To Discovering Second Job On 'Housemaid': 'Didn’t Sign Up For That' -
Hilary Duff Reveals Deep Fear About Matthew Koma Marriage